Medway - Teeston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdavetops

Have the day off work tomorrow. Planning a session to the Medway at Teeston. Have not fished it since the season closed and have not seen it since the heavans opened.
Anyone fished it of late or any idea of its current state?

cheers
david

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Not been to Teston recently but the river through Maidstone looks good, I dont think you will go far wrong with some hemp and tares for roach though, or corn for bream.

The river didn't really flood here just got a bit coloured and flowed for a change!

gibby

Not fished Teston lately, but had sessions at watteringbury and Maidstone. Aggree with Nick. River fishing well at the moment and I did well at Maidstone yesterday on float fished corn. Had roach to 14oz and several bream of between one and two pounds.

Matt Love

The slapper
Have fished further up around Yalding.

Day 1 - Groundbait feeder and corn got some nice fish but too many tiddlers attracted by the groundbait.

Day 2 - Corn over hemp but again the hemp attracted too many tiddlers.

Day 3 - Used only corn and got a good stamp of roach and skimmers on the inside.

Saw a guy fishing tares at 6m and he was picking up some nice roach and skimmers but also tiddlers.

Suggest a trip to Lidl and buy lots of corn!

Matt Love

The slapper
Have fished further up around Yalding.

Day 1 - Groundbait feeder and corn got some nice fish but too many tiddlers attracted by the groundbait.

Day 2 - Corn over hemp but again the hemp attracted too many tiddlers.

Day 3 - Used only corn and got a good stamp of roach and skimmers on the inside.

Saw a guy fishing tares at 6m and he was picking up some nice roach and skimmers but also tiddlers.

Suggest a trip to Lidl and buy lots of corn!

Bigdavetops

Just made it home. Had a fish on friday and then family commitments for rest of weekend.
Was a top notch day on friday. Weather was brilliant. Nothing of any great size but plenty of bream up to about 1 1/2lbs and roach to about 12oz's. A few perch showed up and a small chub of about 1lb. Loads of fish around, though I was plagued by tiddlers as well. A few hungry pike around, smashing up the fish attracted by my groundbait. Saw two clear the water completely in their excitement.
Been a long time since I've fished the river and made a pleasant if challenging change from the commercials. Very pleasant surroundings and some real variety in terms of the fish. Spoke to the baliff, apparently there have been some big carp coming out, a few barbel and a CHUB of close to 8lb (apparently it was witnessed)
Will definitely be making my way back down there soon, bit of a hike from London - but well worth it. Armed with a sackful of Lidl corn. May even try to give the Barbel a nudge - though I think my ropey technique will scare em to death no doubt.

cheers

Matt Love

The slapper
Dave - glad to hear you had a good day.

Yesterday I walked over the bridge in Yalding (the one in the village over the Beult, not the one by the Anchor) and as usual I took a look over the side to see the resident roach drifting in the current. This time though the roach had some friends!!! There was a shoal of around 15 (visible) fish around the 2lb mark and I think they were bream. I'm not absolutely sure coz I was high up looking down on them and they were drifting in and out of the shallow ford. Now although you can't fish that stretch because the river bank is peoples gardens and the landlord of the George doesn't let anyone fish in his pub garden (yet) there are some swims further up behind the new medical centre, right in front of my cottage. The river there looks a picture but I have only fished it a couple of times at the start of the season. I know bream live there and loads of roach and some chub. There are about 3 or 4 swims fishable and they do scream fish!

Maybe you would like to give it a go next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.