Medusa or Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Hi all can anyone help,

In the new year i'm replacing my old worn out Maver Fightback and i was looking to get the Maver Medusa as i've had a play about with a few on the bank and spoke to various people that's got them plus i like Maver poles.

But now the problem is i've started to look at the Milo Trojan as it seam's to have a better range of spares supplied with it and is only 100 dearer.

Has anybody got any info on the Trojan as i don't know anyone who has got one and i've not seen one on the bank.

I know that at the end of the day it will be my choice as to which one i get but i'd like to hear any comments on the Trojan from people that have either got one or tried one as i wont beable to have a play with one in the shops till the new year as no local shops stock them.

Cheers in advance
MALC

bart4real

Hello,
I have recently bought a Trojan because when I looked around for a strong carp pole, this was the only one on the market which looked up to the job. I wouldn't buy a Maver pole anyway because of the over enthusiastic elastic rating they give them. No wonder there are so many broken. The Trojan comes in at 16 metres with three match kits and two power tops, in addition to a cupping kit and a spare top five power top and a pole holdall with all the tubes. It is rated to a number 20 elastic but personally I wouldn't go that heavy because there is no need to do it. The pole would take it though. I have used it throughout the Autumn and I am very impressed by it. So are many other anglers on the bank. I am not sponsored by Milo in any way and if the pole was rubbish, I would be the first to say so as there are too many liars selling takle these days. To all intents and purposes I am a bag-up merchant throughout the summer and although I do not use 'animal tactics,' I still put my tackle through a lot of hard work. To do the really big weights in matches you have to have total confidence in your tackle and I would not consider buy a pole that I didn't think would give me that confidence. All poles break if used incorrectly and that is down to common sense. Give the Trojan a try before buying any other pole in that range.
Good luck
Giles

MALC

Cheers Giles,
Thanks for your view which i know from yourself to be totaly honest as i've read your comments with interest on another site and know that you say it as you see it in plain terms. And knowing the sort of usage your gear gets if you have no problems with the Trojan then i think it's safe to say that it's well worth a serious look.
Cheers
MALC

bart4real

Anytime Malc, we all need advice at times and you are never going to get honest answers from those who are trying to sell it to you. I am well impressed with that pole and the spares and cheers mate, I am glad I can help
Giles

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,i have used the Milo supercarp 2000 this year and this was a good allround pole for smaller carp (upto 8lb) anything bigger forget it.The problem was not with the top sections as the were strong enough but the 4 sections were fragile.I hope this is not a trend with milo poles.I also have bought a Medusa and it is a lovely piece of kit although 16m with an angry carp on the end is frightening.The fourth section is stronger than the milo and this was what persuaded me to buy.Worth a thought.check the fourth sections on the milo.

bart4real

Keith,
I accept what you say about that pole. I used to have the 555 and the problem was exactly the same. However, the Trojan has very strong section walls and when you pick one up, you can see that its a proper one. I have not yet fished a whole season with mine admittedly, but I have done some good weights on it so far. It is by far the strongest pole in the 16 metre range that I have come across. There again, I do prefer to fish with lighter poles for carp because personally I fnd that I can get them in quicker by not putting pressure on them. Each to their own and I accept that people want poles for different reasons. Cheers mate

AlexR

did u get either yet malc??
if u got a medusa what do u think?
cheers
Alex

;)

MALC

Not got either yet but think it will be the Trojan as opposed to the Medusa.
When i get the new pole,which ever one it is i'll post a review of it once i've put it through it's paces but i don't think i'll get it till March/April time.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Bet its just in time for Mar 30th LOL,
Definitely cancel that Match suggestion Geoff!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

Dave Walsh

Malc,
Before buying either I would have a look at the Daiwa Matchwinner 811 also. I've had hold of one and it seems identical to the TDP 412 that I have. Also it feels lighter than the medusa at 16M and is supplied with a 'Super 4th' piece which is about half the length and twice the strength of a normal 4. This comes in handy for animal carp and if your rig is longer than the top three.

MALC

Cheers Dave i'm going to make my final choice at the NEC in March when i can see them all together.

Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Martyn

I've always had Maver without any problems. I have just bought the new Spartacus so if your interested in buying a 16m Respect thats 11 months old for 650 let me know.

Edited by - Martyn on 04 March 2002 11:12:29 AM

MALC

Cheers for all the replys on this subject and i've now made my mind up as to which is to be my new Pole and and the Milo Trojan is the one i've chosen.

And that was before i saw a Maver smash at the NEC.

Hopefully i'll have the pole by the end of the month.
Soon as i've given it a good tryout i'll post a review of it.

Martyn i've replied to your mail but cheers for the offer.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Status
Not open for further replies.