medium or heavy feeder rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkarper

what type of feeder rod would you reccomend for long range and short range bream work also tench and carp

joe1987

'Darwener'
Go for a rod thats strong down to the butt and that has a screw in swing-tip at the end. You could buy different strength tips, 1 for the bream and tench, I use 1 1/2oz tc for that and it can deal with carp up to 3lb. For the carp i'd reccomend something a little stronger though. Best bet is to ask in the tackle shop before you buy.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hi Kingkarper,
Feeder rods there's a lot to choose from,

for long range work you need to look at longer feeder rods 12/13ft but for short to mid range you're ok with 10 to 11ft.

you can get feeder rods that have a intermediate section that will extend the rod from 10ft to 12ft
or 11ft to 13ft,
so maybe if you wanting an all rounder you should consider that option,

most of the good feeder rods now come with at least 3 inter-changeable quiver tips so that will give you options for the different species,

what you need to do is tell us what you budget is and then people will say what they recommend in that price range,

teepee.

joe32

I have the daiawa 11/13 ft stillwater feeder rod,If it's a jack of all trades your after you wont go for wrong with this.It will deal with lines from 1lb upto about 5lb you get two tips i think one carbon and one softer glass one.I mainly use the soft glass tip the only time I'll use the stiff tip is when i expect the carp to rip the tip round.Without a doubt great rod.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

brady

you sound like you need an allround rod ,but probably be better off with 2 rods because your fishing different styles for different fish

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The difference between a light,medium and heavy feeder rod is the weight each would cast. So to answer your question what weight do you want to cast then look at rods that are capable of handling these.

chill out go fishing

GAZZA

i have the maver fourplay 11/13ft feeder rod,and can honestly say its the best feeder rod ive used yet,from bream to carp to skimmers on the cut basins,10/10 for me

GARY-MELLING

GAZZA

and its on special offer at trevs of wilmslow rrp 179 now only 99.99

GARY-MELLING

TINY

Tiny
Try the Maver micro-crystal,it comes with three tips and even though it is a medium feeder,it has loads of power,well balanced and 12foot.
A definate good all through the range rod[:D]

Andy.

mookie

mookie
[^][^][^][^]

Hi there... I have the Pro Performance Power Quiver from WMAC....has 3 tips..medium which is brilliant for stillwater bream fishing...heavy and power for flooded conditions on rivers.......

They are doing a special offer on this rod now...12ft for 79 also you can upgrade with a multi range section to make it 12ft or 14ft...for 89....RRP 179...

Cheers....MOOKSTER...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

TINY

Tiny
I`m not trying to dampen anyones iterest with buying what they believe is a good deal..but..RRP doesn`t mean a bloody thing.[:p]
If you were to try and sell anything at RRP,you`d soon go bankrupt[V]
Think about it logically,if you really had something worth a couple of hundred quid,would you let it go for less than half price[:D]
Forget RRP and just look at the selling price,after all thats what matters[:D]

Andy.

brady

so true the RRP is only there to make you think youve bagged a bargain!

the devil created work to stop me fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.