Meat in groundbait

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Has anyone tried this,put meat throught the riddle then add to groundbait,[?][?][?]

I have a chance of getting a 24 pack of tinned meat from a mate, i was wondering if it might be worth putting it in my groundbait.

Thanks fella's

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.gif

dave the fish

Site Supporter
There was an article in one of the papers in the last week or so about using liquidised meat fed by pole cup ( the meat had to be cold before liquidising or it goes to mush. I see no reason why you cant add to groundbait the main problem could be keeping it from reforming back into a lump when you squeeze it.

Dave

Roppa

I can visualise it beind a good carp ground bait, more so if you've got meat on the hook. But I'd worry about it if you were crucian or tench fishing as there is a lot of food content. Probably OK those days the waters fizzing.

MALC

Roppa & Dave the fish your both wrong [:0]

Toma,

If it's FREE get it if not then buy it [;)]

I get through around 3 trays (40 to 50 tins) of meat a month and 90% is put through riddle's of various sizes as well as the blender.

It's not just Carp fishing either as it'll catch Bream, Tench as well as it catches carp.

I expect Scouse has sent you the info you want but if not give us a shout and i'll put some info down for you.[;)][;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Any chance of a copy of that info Malc

Dai Fish
wales.gif
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

Steve

There is no question IMHO that meat catches a wide variety of fish.

I have made pastes from pulped mince meat, blood and used cubes of steak all to good effect. I have mixed blood from the butchers in ground bait and had good catches of Chub, Carp and Tench using mince as hook bait.

Fish definately like meat.

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

MALC

Scouse,
[;)][;)] though you would thumbsup.gif

Dai,

I'll sort and send some info to you.[;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Steve - you might want to take a look at the spray bottles of blood BassPro is selling. No need to keep it cool but it is blood. Designed for use over here by catfishermen since 2 or our main species of catfish love the stuff.

$7 US for an 8oz bottle and you can get blood, blood /w garlic, blood w/ anise.

If you use it as a spray a bottle should last quiet a while. Mine are anyway.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

Dibber

Are you mad!

Meat through riddle is an awsome combination with groundbait. Cut it into slices and push it through a pinkie riddle, squirt sensas liquid worm on the meat and mix with the groundbait, fish cubes of meat dusted with dry groundbait on the hook - Brilliant!

Dibber

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Malc,

How do you make your paste? do you 'grate' the meat through a riddle and mix with GB?????

Browning Hotrods

Steve

Thanks Newt, I'll have a look for that.

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

baz.thornton

To make paste from meat ( taken from Advanced Pole Fishing Mag)
For Small carp : Rub meat thru riddle and add a sprinkling of brown crumb.Mix the crumb in so all the meat is covered. Push the coated meat back thru the riddle twice.
For 'Bigger' Fish :Take grated Meatand carefully add water (roughly 2 eggs cup full of water / tin of meat) mix water into meat and you have a paste. This paste is very soft and the best way to use it on pole is to put a holder on your pole to put the hookbait in and then drop it in when your pole is shipped out.
For feed use the following :Cube a tin of meat into 4mm cubes put into a bucket with 1 tin grated meat.SDlowly add water until you can mould a ball.
I have tried all the above , it does take some getting use to, espeacially the bigger fish paste , but it does work.

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

MALC

quote:Originally posted by baz.thornton

To make paste from meat ( taken from Advanced Pole Fishing Mag)

For Small carp :
(1)Rub meat thru riddle and add a sprinkling of brown crumb.

For 'Bigger' Fish :
(2)Take grated Meatand carefully add water (roughly 2 eggs cup full of water / tin of meat) mix water into meat and you have a paste.

For feed use the following :
(3)Cube a tin of meat into 4mm cubes put into a bucket with 1 tin grated meat.SDlowly add water until you can mould a ball.
I have tried all the above , it does take some getting use to, espeacially the bigger fish paste , but it does work.

Looks like the old way "The Fin" used to say [;)] he fished..Don't believe everything you read in the Mags..[;)]

For better results try the following you'll be surprised at the differens it makes..[;)][;)]
(1)
Use 2 tins of different brand of meat (try Tulip as its very soft & Celebrity as it takes on water best).[;)]
Use at room temperature (not chilled) either slice the meat into strips and push through a Maggot riddle or rub the meat over the top of a Maggot riddle.
Do the above twice with each meat..[;)]
Then measure out 200grms of either SillyBait,CrazyBait,SwimStim or simular groundbait.

Add this to the mush that was the meat and mix it all up so all the meat is coated then push through either a Pinkie or Squatt riddle.
You wont need to add any water as the juice from the meat is enough to form the paste.

Doing it the above way the paste with dissolve off the hook within 1 min ans there is no need to loose feed as the dissolved paste acts as your freebies (also a way to get around some fisheries rules that say no loose fed paste or meat which there are a few).[;)][;)]

(2) Personaly i would not grate the meat as when grated most meats Float and this can pull the fish up in the water when you want them on the deck..[;)]

(3) Better way is to follow (1) but half the meat only put through the riddle once.[;)]

Give em a try i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.[:)][;)][:)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp

Roppa

Malc, I'm suprised at you saying you're 'wrong' in fishing. You've been at it long enough now to know that whatever you say of a proven method there's an area or water to UNprove the same. That said, I still believe that if you're specifically targeting a species other than carp I would be carefull of how much meat I'd introduce. I'm not saying I wouldn't use this method but I do think it's more aimed at carp, thats not to say that while I'm fishing for carp I wouldn't catch anything else, it's just that if I was targeting something else that's not the feed I'd choose.(Or not in any quantity) As I say it's too filling for the waters I'd be fishing.
Regardless it certainly doesn't make it 'wrong'.

MALC

Roppa,

I did not say it was "wrong" just dont believe all that is printed in the mags as some of what is printed is either misleading or totaly different to how the angler actually fishes.

I've witnessed a fair few articles being shot on waters in the Midlands and down Southand what has appeared in print was totaly different to what happend.

Regards the meat mixes all i'm doing is offering a slightly different slant to those already posted by Baz.

[:0][:0][:0] Roppa just noticed where i said the word "wrong" (never read that far back before wrighting the above)[:I][:I]
I wont delete the above though so you can see where I went wrong [;)]
I now know where your coming from.

The reason i posted originaly that both Dave and yourself were wrong is that the way you both answered Toma's question it comes over as neither of you have tried meat for other species yet both say it wont work.

Where as i've told Toma it can work because i've used meat for years targeting Bream,Tench & Carp IMHO it is one of the best baits going for bags of Bream and Tench as well as Carp.
Yes there will be days and waters that are slow to respond to meat but with the right feeding and mix the fish will switch on to it. (IMO[;)])

Hope that make sence if not i'm sorry but i've just got in from work and i'm tired.[;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp

Roppa

No problem Malc, I'm not that easily offended. But one thing to take into account is that you come from an area where there are good coarse fish stocks, in waters that are warm for a reasonable period. The fish will be better feeders where you are than up here in the NE which is where toma is writing from. As I said previously I think in one of the few comercials we have up here 'no problem' but I would be cautious in a small club pond, not that it wouldn't work, as it may, but more sparing is the norm' up here.....and you're right to put an alternative view. If there was only one correct way to fish it would be boring and these replies pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.