meadowview fisheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbarbel

Hi lads after a bit of help!

fishing meadowview in two weeks on a club match, i've never seen the place. can anyone give me some advice how to fish it and with what baits many thanks.

ps i believe they have some strange rules is this correct?

gorstyman

Not fished there for quite a while myself , but there is 3 lakes there so informing peeps which one your on might help you ??

The lakes are Linnet....1st on one the right
Lark.......the largest one in the middle
Thrush ....small one at the far end .

gorstyman

Used to have a friend that fished the open matches there all the time , he was always in the money and won more than he lost. then he emigrated ...all he ever fished was corn.

Told my pal this when he asked me for advice last yr for his club match. He has won all 3 of his club matches there since.

Plumb up to fish it dead depth this is very important !!!
Place a small cup on end of pole and each time you go out put 3 pieces of corn in cup ...no more .
Fish with your float dotted down and strike at everything as most bites come as the fish suck at your corn and this is all the indication u will get.
Fish at about 6 mtrs out.

mainly carp in the 2 to 6 lbs range so u need elastics of around 12,s to 14 ,s set soft. use a 16 ,s hook and depth will be between 4 to 6 ft. Never been snagged so u can let the carp run abit when hooked.
Hope this helps .

jcbarbel

cheers mate, your a top man hope i can return the favor , will let u know how i got on its tomorrow,

thanks again fellow drowners

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Cubed meat worked well last time I fished there with a club
Some big lumps in lark pool
As gorstyman says no need to fish more than 7mts out

Status
Not open for further replies.