MDs Midlands Match Rysons Sunday 14th April

Added to Calendar: 14/04/19

drw

Site Supporter
I can probably get another bum on a seat if no more Maggotdrowners are interested will leave it a week or two and see how many names we have then if that’s ok with everybody

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Thanks @drw , yes two weeks max will be fine, as I will be confirming numbers with Hodge couple of weeks before.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Hi All,
Spoke to Hodge the other night and we are good for the whole lake with 10 (at the agreed 5 quid per head still), but be good if we can make 12. Also I see the fish on the new license is a Bream, got to be a good omen.

dirk

Site Supporter
Looking forward to this. I'm forcing myself to leave the pole at home for once o_O What's a rod and reel?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@dirk It;s a combination which for countless kid learning to fish for decades, causes, birds nests ! :) Once mastered though (one day I might :) ) gives a great sense of achievement. When you 10 or 12 and can underhand cast and zoom a float, across a canal under a overhanging tree and land the float where you intended to, make you feel like a 'real' angler.

Good luck for the match. (y)

drw

Site Supporter
If possible please add Richard to the list

Scribe

Site Supporter
@drw have added Richard to the list.

One last place for some lucky soul.

Whose idea was it to organise this match on my wedding anniversary ?? @Northantslad :(:(:cry:

Reactions: drw

Northantslad

'Any indications?
So at present and yes with one place left:
Northantslad
nenboy
Stu
loopknot
drw
90sGear
Whisker
MrBrightside
dirk
Dave Wright
Richard

cheers @Scribe @drw

Ooops sorry about that, the good lady doesn't fancy a day as your bank runner then.....................

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Northantslad no worries mate, fingers crossed it won't be the only MD match at Rysons. Then again once the bailiff claps eyes on the bunch of 'neer do wells that have entered, a lifetime ban for all MD'ers is likely to swiftly be put in force. :whistle::whistle::LOL::LOL:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Hi All. Think this one has been out there to MDers for long enough, I do have someone interested in the final place to make the final 12, everyone happy with that?

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Northantslad you can give away my slot with my (begrudging :() blessing. :LOL: (y)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yes, hope to see you next time @Scribe I will leave the request on here for the day and confirm everything in a final post later tonight. Thanks for your helping out.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Northantslad No worries Chris glad to have helped, even if, in the end it was only in a small way. Looking forward to the next one. (y)

Good luck to all those taking part and for the record I bet the winning peg would have been mine for sure. :D:D

Whisker

Site Supporter
Hi All. Think this one has been out there to MDers for long enough, I do have someone interested in the final place to make the final 12, everyone happy with that?
No issues here, a full house would be good. This match offers something different, can't wait to get there! :p

dirk

Site Supporter
I might need counseling on the day, as I won't have my pole with me. Second thought I will definitely need coaching in how to use a rod lol o_O

Northantslad

'Any indications?
12 Anglers confirmed for this one are:
Northantslad
nenboy
Stu
loopknot
drw
90sGear
Whisker
MrBrightside
dirk
Dave Wright
Richard
Jake

Rules are as per fishery rules, with standard match rule of one rod/pole in use at any one time.

Roles:
1. Sorting date and booking venue-Northantslad-done.

2. Comms with scribe re numbers confirmation-Northantslad-done

3. Providing draw bag and balls and running draw-Northantslad-ready

4. Pegging out the lake prior to match-Northantslad-will be done

5. Providing and populating a draw sheet during the draw & recording the results on it during the weigh-Whisker, thanks

6. Provide scales-drw, thanks

7. Provide weigh sling-drw, thanks

8. Weighmaster-(s) drw and loopnot, thanks

9. Taking cash on day, paying Hodge and issuing top 3 pay outs-Northantslad

Details:
Sunday 14th April - Match is 10 AM to 4 PM draw is on site at Rysons Lake 8.15 AM.
Entry is £10 per angler, of which £5 is the peg fee and £5 for the pools. (payment to Northantslad at draw). Pay out £30 1st, £20 2nd, £10 3rd.

Pint at Woolpack afterwards for those who want to.

Cheers all.

drw

Site Supporter
Well done Northantslad, looking forward to it. Is there anywhere local for a good breakfast ?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Cheers drw. Struggle at that time of day. Not sure what time needle and awl opens at Raunds. Dog and Duck at Wellingborough opens up early. Both of those do a decent fry up. Dog is about 25 mins away from Islip. Raunds 15 min away. You have a maccy ds at Raunds too.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Had a wander round this avvy, first time I’ve seen the place.
One bloke fishing on Peg 29 or 30 I think, he caught a tiddler as I walked past.
Wind was blowing into low numbered pegs, wrap up warm as it’s quite exposed and the wind coming across the fields and lake next door was a bit nippy 🥶
Barrow or trolley is a must have.
Looks really nice, can’t wait 😊 Weigh sheet and clip board ready, see you all in the morning 👍