MD's Mega Fish-in 2011 ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was talking to the bailif (Phil) at Stanwick Fishery regarding taking over the whole complex for a meg fish-in next year some time over the course of a Friday to Sunday.
No dates were set or discussed but personally if it was to be I'd have thought sometime early June or later September would be the better times for all, especially weather wise

Anyway, on offer at the moment are four lakes which all together would cater for just about all types of fishing with the exception of Sea, Trout, and Salmon before anyone asks lol

In order to make this a go'er we would need approximately 80 members to commit to a mix of Friday to Sunday, or Saturday and Sunday, and also the possibility of a few coming along for a day

Sticking 80 people on a fishery for a weekend is not something that could be done without any serious planning as there's a lot to take into account, but if there's enough initial interest then it's something I'm more than willing to have a go at and we can take it from there

if you are interested, none committal at this stage, put your name down and also include a preference June or September so that I can get a general feel as to when would be most popular

Cheers

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
Stick me down dave .... now is the question ...swan where big stu decamped for the 3rd day and was catching plenty to 7lb or elsons for the real biggies and sit and wait fishing.

I think you might need 2 social ares dave,one up between elsons and mallard and one near where we were to cover the bottom of mallard coots and swan,should be fun [8D][8D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Stick me down for 4 places Dave, Hannah should be fishing by then. (shes only 3 at the moment)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
me for sure and i'm not fussed on the dates [:D]

red baron

Why not, stick me down, its not as far as Lindholme. personally I would prefer June, i'm in Ireland in September. [:T]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Oooooooohhhhhhh..........errrrrrrrrr..........its a bit far for me........[:p]

Go on then, stick me down. Probably do a "day" rather than the stay over.

Could I make a suggestion Dave?

Swan and Car Park are the lakes that get used for matches mainly, so if you wanted to run a couple of knock ups (all proceeds going to a good cause[;)]) then it might be worth keeping that in mind[:T]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then, early September would probably be best.[;)]

Jessebobs

Steve!
Sounds interesting, I'm a maybe (prefer September). I won't say yes for def at the moment because the trouble 'n strife is giving me some extreme trouble 'n strife over my fishing at the moment (including the amount of time I spend on here!) to the point where she was all set to pack her stuff and bugger off [B)]!
Having said that, by this time next year I could be available for either date or even better, both dates [:D][:D]

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
You could definitely count me in, although I wouldn't be able to get down until late afternoon on the Friday assuming it is in term-time.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Yuccaman

You could definitely count me in, although I wouldn't be able to get down until late afternoon on the Friday assuming it is in term-time.

Bring the kids mate[:D] "Form 6, carry everybody's tackle to their pegs. Form 5, you lot can set it up"

Sorted [:T]

Last edited:

rawww

Put my name down for that wouldnt mind a couple of days on elsons this time (might actually catch a carp, but i doubt it [:D] ) . Which 4 lakes were you thinking by the way? mallard(31pegs), elsons(12pegs), swan(30pegs) and coot(12pegs)? 80 ppl would be a bit of a tight squeeze on that, would be less space on mallard than there was the other day.

bloomer

fishing monster
im in either month is fine, theres one weekend in june i cant do so if its that date you get off lightly otherwise subject to SWMBO not flipping out i'll be there...