MDers Midlands - Jansons Fishery - Aubreys - 29/02/20

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Total I used Sixth Scents to receive an epiphany.:)

Scribe

Site Supporter
Thanks @Total nice of you to give your backing stating it was common sense that Scribe was going to win it. I think that's what you meant. :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
Well to say I am teed off is putting it mildly or as mild as the weather at any rate. Storm Jorge my eye. If this is what the Spanish call a storm, then they really do need to get out more. There was a wind driven downpour at 10 AM but nothing like the 50 Mph wind driven fury that the forecast. Yes it's breezy but sunny and dry Grrrr.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Wind did pick up around 3 ish but we would have been nearly done by then.

Oh bad luck Ian I hope you told her the M1 was closed because of the ferocious storm. :p:D

AFletcher22

I'm fed up of this weather now. It was hailing a little about 3 here. Got windy after 12.00 but was dry

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Total I always win mate it's just that some win more on the day than I do.:D

notneeded

Site Supporter
One way I was glad it was called off ? Got in my car and a tyer went pop only just pulled off ,the weather was windy here most of the day with odd heavy shower during the morning.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Weathers put paid to all my planned fishing trips and I can’t get out for at least another 3 weeks😢

Scribe

Site Supporter
@notneeded not great having a puncture Tony, but better to happen at home than in the middle of nowhere in a storm.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was fully prepared to fish. Mad fool that according to Maesknoll should be an England International ;).

Tony has let me know it is cancelled. About to go and put the bait back in the freezer. Luckily I have a match Sunday.

@ulladubulla let me know if there are any expenses involved in cancelling, happy to cover any losses.
I’m happy to debate anything fishing related with you, but don’t misrepresent what I have said, I’m not sure how you have made that bizarre supposition.

jononcb

I was thinking about fishing this but decided against it with the storm forecast and yes, Saturday weather wasn't as bad after all 🙄

Scribe

Site Supporter
@ulladubulla Evening Luke I hope your house move went ok and your all settled in. Just in case there was any doubt the moans earlier were about the weather forecast and not the match being cancelled. Given the circumstances I would have done the same. Looking forward to the next one although I am concerned I may have masochistic tendencies when it comes to fishing at Jansons. :D

Whisker

Site Supporter
Yup, think it was the right decision to cancel, it wouldn't have been enjoyable if the planned bad weather had arrived.