MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match Sunday 18th October 2020

Added to Calendar: 18/10/20

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
If I'm in Ireland by October, could anyone put me up for a couple of nights (Covid 19 permitting) so I can do the match? I would hate to deprive @Peter and @Dave of a nugget by none attendance.

notneeded

Site Supporter
I see Dirk and Luke had been putting the miles in at lakeview becoming lake experts , and yes Luke I've been twice ?

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Really sorry boys but I am afraid that I will have to scratch. We have had an offer accepted on a house in Ireland and it looks like we will be over the water in early September. I am posting the prizes to @Scribe and I will be looking at the results with baited breath. @Peter and @Dave I am gutted that I won't be depriving you of a nugget but we will have a knock up on the river Barrow when I get settled. (y)

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Gutted fella but at least you've saved yourself the loss of a couple of Nuggets. :upthumb:
Bit extreme leaving the country though. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
@Peter I am now a UKZ; in other words a poor pensioner, we have to cover all eventualities in the fight to protect our nuggets.:cry:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Dave Spence as excuses reasons go it's a pretty good one. :D Seriously though Dave you will be missed - I had better take two lighters to the match as now I can't rely on you being there to cadge a light from. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope the move goes smoothly mate and thank you for giving all the prizes to me, that's saved me having to buy a raffle ticket. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brentfish

Brent
Where - Lakeview Fishery

The fishery is very accessible with a straight run from the A46 and has superb facilities and there will be more than enough room with two or even three lakes available if we need them.

As an incentive (bribe) I will put up three of Melton Mowbray's finest pork pies for 1.2 & 3 rd places.

We have exclusive use of the following lakes which will give each angler an empty peg to one side.

Marina - 24 Pegs
Reef - 24 Pegs
Oasis - 20 Pegs

Peg £7 - Payable on the day.
Pools £13
Winner take all £1

There will be a charity raffle - I'll get our business to put £50 in the pot of Bobco vouchers and I will personally double that, so its a £50 a £30 & £20 Bobco voucher for three lucky winners, no doubt Lakeview will donate some prizes from their tackle shop.

I have received the following very generous donations from MD'ers

£50 Donated by a well know MD'er that likes to fish at TBF. :sneaky::sneaky:
5 Piece Luggage Set including holdall / Carry All & Ready Rod Bag donated by @Yosemite Sam
Carry All & landing net head donated by @warrington63
Gold,Silver & Bronze Medal donated by @ukzero1
12 months site subs kindly donated by @davej

Thank you very much gentleman you are all top class gents in my book.:upthumb::upthumb:

Draw 9am
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe and tackle shop on site
Rules & Info Here

1 Scribe
2 Dave - Red Leader
3 Peter - Mugger
4 Northantslad
5 Gingert76
6 Trevor b
7 Dealornodeal
8 90's Gear
9 Mogz
10 Dusty Rhodes
11 David07
12 Atticus Finch
13 Krh57
14 Fish4alarf
15 Ulladubulla
16 Jos
17 Notneeded
18 NJ1875
19 Rigmann
20 Legs230258
21 Bulldog
22 Gixer13
23 Nutmeg
24 Smileymiley
25 Whisker
26 Botty1970
27 Dchambo
28 Tysontim
29 Mattnewark
30 Arch
31 Rob6709
32 Fishing Jazzman
33 AFletcher22
34 Barbelcatcher

1st Reserve - Beckem
2nd Reserve - Jononcb
3rd Reserve - Dirk

Can you put me down as a reserve for this please. Just in case anyone drops out.
Thanks
Brenr

Scribe

Site Supporter
Been a bit quiet on this page ?
Scribe - whisker are u still alive ?

Evening Tony - Alive and dangerously well thanks, hope you are too. :upthumb:

Had a visit from the inestimable @Dave Spence on Tuesday, when he very kindly dropped off some prizes for match participants and the raffle. To be fair I think it was a minor detour as he was actually heading for Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe to sample some real pork pie, before he is banished to the Emerald Isle where they don't have pork pie, poor chap.

I have been watching the match results and apart from Fishomania qualifier match, other matches seem to produce some good weights. I saw the venue Master @dirk has had some good results as have yourself I hear. :upthumb:

Had a day there myself, recently I'll do a write up tomorrow.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@kev coke your on the list squire. I am going to post an update asking everyone to check the dates as I have had one angler drop out due to rescheduled club match.