MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match Sunday 18th October 2020

Added to Calendar: 18/10/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Where - Lakeview Fishery

The fishery is very accessible with a straight run from the A46 and has superb facilities and there will be more than enough room with two or even three lakes available if we need them.

As an incentive (bribe) I will put up three of Melton Mowbray's finest pork pies for 1.2 & 3 rd places.

We have exclusive use of the following lakes which will give each angler an empty peg to one side.

Marina - 24 Pegs
Reef - 24 Pegs
Oasis - 20 Pegs

Peg £7 - Payable on the day.
Pools £13
Winner take all £1

There will be a charity raffle - I'll get our business to put £50 in the pot of Bobco vouchers and I will personally double that, so its a £50 a £30 & £20 Bobco voucher for three lucky winners, no doubt Lakeview will donate some prizes from their tackle shop.

I have received the following very generous donations from MD'ers.

£50 Donated by a well know MD'er that likes to fish at TBF. :sneaky::sneaky:
5 Piece Luggage Set including holdall / Carry All & Ready Rod Bag donated by @Yosemite Sam
Carry All & landing net head donated by @warrington63
Gold,Silver & Bronze Medal donated by @ukzero1
2 X 12 months site subs kindly donated by @davej @dealornodeal
60 Hooks tied to someones choice and a hookbox kindly donated by @ulladubulla

Thank you very much gentleman you are all top class gents in my book.:upthumb::upthumb:

Draw 9am
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe and tackle shop on site
Rules & Info Here

1 Scribe - Confirmed
2 Peter - Mugger - Confirmed
3 Northantslad - Confirmed
4 Dirk - Confirmed
5 90's Gear Confirmed
6 Mogz - Confirmed
7 Kev Coke Confirmed
8 Krh57 - Confirmed
9 Fish4alarf - Confirmed
10 Ulladubulla - Confirmed
11 Notneeded Confirmed
12 Legs230258 - Confirmed
13 Gixer13 - Confirmed
14 Nutmeg Confirmed
15 160642fishing Confirmed
16 Whisker - Confirmed
17 Dchambo - Confirmed
18 Tysontim Confirmed
19 Mattnewark - Confirmed
20 AFletcher22 - Confirmed
21 Barbelcatcher - Confirmed
22 Can't Compete

Last edited:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Are we doing it the same as last time Kev and all bringing a prize for the raffle?

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
@Peter Are we on for a nugget mate? I would like to get the one back that you 'borrowed' last time.:smoke:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Peter Are we on for a nugget mate? I would like to get the one back that you 'borrowed' last time.:smoke:

Always happy to relieve you of another Nugget Dave. :upthumb: As a poor old pensioner I have to pay my bait bill somehow. ;)

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
superbia et ante ruinam exaltatur :beer-toast1:

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Always happy to relieve you of another Nugget Dave. :upthumb: As a poor old pensioner I have to pay my bait bill somehow. ;)
Don't forget that you 'acquired' that nugget by default. I was late for the draw and my 'friends' had drawn for me, according to the lad in the shop it was the worst peg on the pond and if he'd drew it he would go off pleasure fishing somewhere. :p :p :p

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Sounds like your usual flyer Dave. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Still managed to win the section:band: Be afraid mate:p If we are pegged next door to each other I have a gallon of sour casters to tip in, half an hour before the end, as an anti mugging tactic :ROFLMAO:

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
I'm bring a big black marker pen to write on Red leaders hand his peg number and will need 2 witnesses so he goes and attends on the right peg this year ? 😂😂

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just been looking through the list of rules and the one that stood out to me was rule 13, no feeders or straight leads to be used on match lakes! Whats all that about then? I hope we can use feeders for the Pork Pie match as that would be my plan of attack. Not really interested in pole fishing and certainly not in a match setting.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
So sad I can't make it due to having to stay in and wash my hair. Would have been nice to show you all how it is done. :p

I probably would have needed extra clothes pegs.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Ohhhhh Mr Teacher, Not at all, just a positive mental attitude. ;)
You know mate, joking apart if we could have a match where the winner weighed 100lb+ and there was only 10lb between first and last I would be happy, win or lose, even if it cost me a nugget.(y)

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Just been looking through the list of rules and the one that stood out to me was rule 13, no feeders or straight leads to be used on match lakes! Whats all that about then? I hope we can use feeders for the Pork Pie match as that would be my plan of attack. Not really interested in pole fishing and certainly not in a match setting.
No feeders or bombs to be used in lakeview matches ,their rules ? Most lakes are snake lakes .

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
As you know Dave, I'm happy as long as I have a decent days fishing. The Nugget is a bit of fun and a great source of banter. :upthumb:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
So that's 2 Dave's up for a Nugget :upthumb: , Dare I assume that Tony @notneeded will be looking for the opportunity to retrieve a Nugget too? :unsure:

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
No need to dare to assume any thing Mugger the pounds yours Again .

Status
Not open for further replies.