MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match Result and Banter.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Thanks Chris for the kind words. The feedback has been positive, despite it fishing hard this year.

I guess we are commited (or should be) to doing one next year, I fancy on the Trent, but might get outvoted. :D

A social and possibly over nighter Barbel md event would be good Kev, but imo as a separate thing.

From what i have seen the last two commercial based matches have been good, so up for another next year. In a way i like it when the fishing is hard match wise, nice when everyone bags of course, but looking at the good turn outs for last couple of years, i think most put the day ahead of bagging.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Sounds good Chris will have a think for next year. Maybe alternate years on the Trent and next year on the Severn.

The match format does provide a lot of banter material, so will definitely be keeping it for PPM2021. :upthumb:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We did one quite a few years ago on the Trent and even had Archie Braddocks along to give a talk/demo on baits and flavours :)

The problem however with rivers is the logistics of getting a large number of people together on natural banks regardless of physical abilities

Scribe

Site Supporter
We did one quite a few years ago on the Trent and even had Archie Braddocks along to give a talk/demo on baits and flavours :)

The problem however with rivers is the logistics of getting a large number of people together on natural banks regardless of physical abilities

Archie Braddock didn't he used to play for Acceington Stanley......;):)

I was thinking along the lines of 4 or 5 Dave maybe MDers that fish the Severn normally, coming up to fish the Trent and vice versa.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter

The road stretch at stoke bardolph could cope mate.

Krh57

Site Supporter
Myself and Fish4alarf know of a stretch on the Warwickshire Avon that could cater for 20-24 anglers, easy access to pegs, parking behind all pegs !

Scribe

Site Supporter
Myself and Fish4alarf know of a stretch on the Warwickshire Avon that could cater for 20-24 anglers, easy access to pegs, parking behind all pegs !

Thanks mate - I am not sure we would get many sign up for a match on a river, even if the bankside access was good and as one the prime reasons is a charity event, the more attending the beter.

I would be interested though are there any chub there ?