MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match Result and Banter.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Scribe looking at the league table, looks like you're making good progress mate! (y)?

The only way is up mate, (y) :ROFLMAO: Having caught the one carp early on, I kept chasing them, hoping to find where they were and what bait they would take. In the end I worked out they were just not going to show, so switched to catching silvers. 5 Metre line it was all mostly very small perch go to 7 metres and it was the roach. Trouble was by then it was too little, too late, mind you walking around both lakes to the end to the far car park before the start, to make sure everyone was ok mean't it was half an hour in to the match, before I started. Took another walk round mid way through, just to make sure I annoyed everyone equally, no favouritism you know. :D

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
The only way is up mate, (y) :ROFLMAO: Having caught the one carp early on, I kept chasing them, hoping to find where they were and what bait they would take. In the end I worked out they were just not going to show, so switched to catching silvers. 5 Metre line it was all mostly very small perch go to 7 metres and it was the roach. Trouble was by then it was too little, too late, mind you walking around both lakes to the end of the far car park before the start, to make sure everyone was ok mean't it was half an hour in to the match, before I started. Took another walk round mid way through, just to make sure I annoyed everyone equally, no favouritism you know. :D
How did you come 2nd in a section , when you were 2nd to last overall , I was right, it was a section of 2 ???????

Scribe

Site Supporter
How did you come 2nd in a section , when you were 2nd to last overall , I was right, it was a section of 2 ???????

I'll let @Whisker explain it to you. If I did it would be in sign language and I can't find a Churchill salute smiley..........:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I tell you what if I told you before the match that I will only finish 7 Lb 11 Oz behind Kev Coke, you would have been impressed. I'll settle for that. :D:D

Last edited:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Gazza,
Scribe was in Section C, results as follows:

1st A Fletcher22 55lb and Lake Winner
2nd Northants Lad 15lb 5oz (1st in section by default as lake winner can't win section as well)
3rd Scribe 6lb 8oz (2nd in section, also by default)
4th Fish4aLarf 5lb 2oz

Scribe

Site Supporter
What's the date for next years pie match ? .

Strewth mate I haven't recovered from this one, not to mention the GBH on the eyes from reading the posts on here, Serioualy though it has kept me going through lockdown and beyond for the banter that there has been on this thread and the forum in general. So thanks everyone who competed, donated something or just kept the laughs coming.

The PPM is exactly what I was hoping it would be, a chance to meet up, chat and have some banter and hopefully a few laughs along the way.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Never to early to start the banter ? The way things are going we will all be in lock down again soon ?
Did we do the raffle proud and where was the money sent ? And how much ?

Scribe

Site Supporter
Never to early to start the banter ? The way things are going we will all be in lock down again soon ?
Did we do the raffle proud and where was the money sent ? And how much ?

The raffle raised £160 mate I am still waiting for donations from non-forum sources which will take it up to £250 going to Cancer Research UK.