MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match Result and Banter.

Whisker

Site Supporter
You're an impatient bunch... :blahblah: Hopefully, you won't be disappointed and you'll find this enjoyable reading :D
Right, here we go... :deal:

Ladiiies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I bring you the report and results of the (in)famous Maggotdrowners 'Pork Pie' match! (hold on to your hats - @Wise Owl hold on to your Hawaiin shirt!).

This is/was the 2nd 'Pork Pie' event. For those who are new to MD'ers or not good at maths , only one other Pork Pie match has been held prior to this one. The day started early, too early for some who were travelling from further afield. We, the organisers, would like to thank you especially for doing some mileage in order to attend.

I arrived around 7.15am at the same time as @Northantslad. We talked some and as soon as the word 'barbel' was mentioned, the Maggotdrowners very own barbel expert @Scribe turned up! Who would have thunk it, eh...?

Unusually for this early in the day, @notneeded was nowhere to be seen o_O although the staff in the cafe did report hearing some rustling in the bushes and seeing twitching of branches... ?

Breakfast for 2 as I'd already eaten at home (I'm a hairy old skinflint careful with money just like @Dave who was relying on @Peter to bring home the bacon pork pies). Hope you're feeling a bit better Dave.

Others started to roll up (cob up, bap up, barm cake up... wait, best not go there!) :oops: and it was starting to get busy. A day in the life of an MO is never easy and there was much to do, so my apologies if we didn't get to speak to everyone at some point.

Under the new rules, the fishery drew the peg numbers and off the jolly(?) anglers trotted to their spot for the day. The weather was very kind, a first I think for an MDer match.

I started off biteless for the first hour, then things started to look up. I hooked 3, lost 3 (bumped off) so I changed to my lightest elastic and promptly foul hooked a carp that snagged me in the reeds. It was going to be one of those days!

Over on the other side, @dirk was bagging up with @gixer 13 @notneeded and @nutmeg looking on in awe of this fine, well oiled fishing machine. By well oiled, Dirk had 2 bottles of Babycham the night before and was so pi55ed he was in bed for 6.30pm. He was gutted he'd missed Strictly Come Dancing because he'd heard @Wise Owl was going to be on, tap dancing in his crocs. This turned out to be a nasty rumour, reputedly started by someone with a thinly disguised and very poor Irish accent... ??

The fish were not playing ball but @gixer 13 @notneeded and venue superstar/man in form @dirk provided plenty of banter across the way from me on Oasis... I was smiling all day, thanks chaps!

On to the results then:

Marina - 3 sections of 4 paying lake winner and 1st & 2nd in section (defaults)

Winner - @AFletcher22 Peg 17 55lb

Section A (4 end pegs)
1st - @tysontim - 25lb 2oz (peg 14)
2nd - @ulladubulla - 23lb 10oz (peg 1)

Section B
1st - @90sGear - 47lb 10oz (peg 23)
2nd - @Peter - 23lb 10oz (peg 21)

Section C
1st - @Northantslad - 15lb 5oz (peg19)
2nd - @Scribe - 6lb 8oz (peg 9)

Oasis - 2 sections of 5 paying lake winner and 1st & 2nd in section (defaults)
Winner - @nutmeg Peg 4 35lb 6oz

Section A (one half of the lake)
1st - @dirk - 25lb 9oz (peg 6)
2nd - @notneeded - 8lb 10oz (peg 9)

Section B (opposite side)
1st - @cant compete - 27lb 2oz (peg 17)
2nd - @Barbelcatcher - 10lb 10oz (peg 19)

As you can see, there were plenty of winners on the day... but we were not done yet! o_O

The raffle was held with Scribe doing the honours of drawing out the numbers.
As usual, some names came out more than once, but in true MD spirit no-one claimed more than one of the bigger prizes.

So there were winners, and there were more winners, but no chicken dinners.
Our thanks to all for turning up and playing in the MD spirit.
If you fancy a chicken dinner, don't put your name down next year.
If, however, you fancy a pork pie... please do! (y)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
You're an impatient bunch... :blahblah: Hopefully, you won't be disappointed and you'll find this enjoyable reading :D
Right, here we go... :deal:

Ladiiies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I bring you the report and results of the (in)famous Maggotdrowners 'Pork Pie' match! (hold on to your hats - @Wise Owl hold on to your Hawaiin shirt!).

This is/was the 2nd 'Pork Pie' event. For those who are new to MD'ers or not good at maths , only one other Pork Pie match has been held prior to this one. The day started early, too early for some who were travelling from further afield. We, the organisers, would like to thank you especially for doing some mileage in order to attend.

I arrived around 7.15am at the same time as @Northantslad. We talked some and as soon as the word 'barbel' was mentioned, the Maggotdrowners very own barbel expert @Scribe turned up! Who would have thunk it, eh...?

Unusually for this early in the day, @notneeded was nowhere to be seen o_O although the staff in the cafe did report hearing some rustling in the bushes and seeing twitching of branches... ?

Breakfast for 2 as I'd already eaten at home (I'm a hairy old skinflint careful with money just like @Dave who was relying on @Peter to bring home the bacon pork pies). Hope you're feeling a bit better Dave.

Others started to roll up (cob up, bap up, barm cake up... wait, best not go there!) :oops: and it was starting to get busy. A day in the life of an MO is never easy and there was much to do, so my apologies if we didn't get to speak to everyone at some point.

Under the new rules, the fishery drew the peg numbers and off the jolly(?) anglers trotted to their spot for the day. The weather was very kind, a first I think for an MDer match.

I started off biteless for the first hour, then things started to look up. I hooked 3, lost 3 (bumped off) so I changed to my lightest elastic and promptly foul hooked a carp that snagged me in the reeds. It was going to be one of those days!

Over on the other side, @dirk was bagging up with @gixer 13 @notneeded and @nutmeg looking on in awe of this fine, well oiled fishing machine. By well oiled, Dirk had 2 bottles of Babycham the night before and was so pi55ed he was in bed for 6.30pm. He was gutted he'd missed Strictly Come Dancing because he'd heard @Wise Owl was going to be on, tap dancing in his crocs. This turned out to be a nasty rumour, reputedly started by someone with a thinly disguised and very poor Irish accent... ??

The fish were not playing ball but @gixer 13 @notneeded and venue superstar/man in form @dirk provided plenty of banter across the way from me on Oasis... I was smiling all day, thanks chaps!

On to the results then:

Marina - 3 sections of 4 paying lake winner and 1st & 2nd in section (defaults)

Winner - @AFletcher22 Peg 17 55lb

Section A (4 end pegs)
1st - @tysontim - 25lb 2oz (peg 14)
2nd - @ulladubulla - 23lb 10oz (peg 1)

Section B
1st - @90sGear - 47lb 10oz (peg 23)
2nd - @Peter - 23lb 10oz (peg 21)

Section C
1st - @Northantslad - 15lb 5oz (peg19)
2nd - @Scribe - 6lb 8oz (peg 9)

Oasis - 2 sections of 5 paying lake winner and 1st & 2nd in section (defaults)
Winner - @nutmeg Peg 4 35lb 6oz

Section A (one half of the lake)
1st - @dirk - 25lb 9oz (peg 6)
2nd - @notneeded - 8lb 10oz (peg 9)

Section B (opposite side)
1st - @cant compete - 27lb 2oz (peg 17)
2nd - @Barbelcatcher - 10lb 10oz (peg 19)

As you can see, there were plenty of winners on the day... but we were not done yet! o_O

The raffle was held with Scribe doing the honours of drawing out the numbers.
As usual, some names came out more than once, but in true MD spirit no-one claimed more than one of the bigger prizes.

So there were winners, and there were more winners, but no chicken dinners.
Our thanks to all for turning up and playing in the MD spirit.
If you fancy a chicken dinner, don't put your name down next year.
If, however, you fancy a pork pie... please do! (y)
Lovely write up Ian!! Well done everyone ??

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great report, I'm just sorry I wasn't able to make it as I was really looking forward to it :crybaby2:

However, there is always next year so please put my name down :)

And, Scribe winning a section has just upped his ratings to Super Hero status :D

Edit: just re-read it, 2nd in section, super hero status revoked :p

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Great report, I'm just sorry I wasn't able to make it as I was really looking forward to it :crybaby2:

And, Scribe winning a section has just upped his ratings to Super Hero status :D

It was a shame you couldn't make it Dave, but really under the cirumstances there really was no other choice.

I was second in section (somehow) so only the Super Heroes Sidekick status for me. :D:D :upthumb:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter

Edit: just re-read it, 2nd in section, super hero status revoked :p
There was one section of 2 on that lake Dave ??

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I’m only teasing mate, well done ???

I know mate no offence taken. As a disher of banter, it would be a poor do, if I couldn't take it too and besides the only 2 in the section made me laugh. :ROFLMAO: