MD Midlands - Pork Pie Match October 2020

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Just to clarify Kev, for Dave's benefit, can you fish either peg?:p:eek::whistle:

Shame on you Mr Spence kicking a man when he is down ! :( - Having said that I have suffered from getting a few boot tattoo's over the years and you know @Dave he does like to play peg roulette. :D:D

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Shame on you Mr Spence kicking a man when he is down ! :( - Having said that I have suffered from getting a few boot tattoo's over the years and you know @Dave he does like to play peg roulette. :D:D
Best way to get a man up is to kick him when he's down.......They're only 'love taps':p:p

Scribe

Site Supporter
Could everyone attending bring a small something as a raffle prize as I have said already our business will put up £50 which I will personally match to make £100 of Bobco vouchers and no doubt Lakeview will chuck some gear/bait etc from their tackle shop.

As there has been significant fund raising for the NHS going on already and being conscious that other charities are missing out, I thought this year the money raised should go to Cancer Research UK the sooner that cancer is annihilated the better for us all.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Unfortunately, I can't make this one. But all the best to those who can and hope you all have a great time. :upthumb:

@Scribe

Fully agree with you on the Cancer Research UK. Wifey had to go through very invasive surgery through it and is still suffering the after effects The quicker they find a cure for it the better.

Dusty

Site Supporter
Right Chaps & Chapesses we all need something to look forward too, so after last year's Pork Pie Match was well received, I thought I would run it again.

Same venue as last year - Lakeview Fishery

When: October Saturday/Sunday 10-11 th or 17-18 th Difficult to give an exact date as yet - awaiting confirmation from the fishery as the delay to the start of the season may

The fishery is very accessible with a straight run from the A46 and has superb facilities and there will be more than enough room with the two lakes to get some decent pegging.

As an incentive (bribe) I will put up three of Melton Mowbray's finest pork pies for 1.2 & 3 rd places.

Peg £7 - Payable on the day.
Pools £13
Winner take all £1

There will be a charity raffle - I'll get our business to put £50 in the pot of Bobco vouchers and no doubt Lakeview will donate some prizes from their tackle shop.

Draw 9am
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe and tackle shop on site
Rules & Info Here

When I can get a fixed date from Lakeview I'll post it in the Matchman's Diary Section.

So put your names down below and advise which day/date suits you best and I'll try to get the date with the highest number of requests.

Ive got a bottle of Whisky here if you want it as a prize. I don’t drink the stuff.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Ive got a bottle of Whisky here if you want it as a prize. I don’t drink the stuff.

Thanks Dusty that's very generous of you. (y)Whisky is very popular among MD'ers I am sure it will go down well. :drink::)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
@Scribe I have just checked where it is, and unfortunately i wont be able to make it, only because it's a 2 hour drive to get there and a 200 mile round trip. I didnt realize it was that far from me

Dusty

Site Supporter
@Scribe I have just checked where it is, and unfortunately i wont be able to make it, only because it's a 2 hour drive to get there and a 200 mile round trip. I didnt realize it was that far from me

Ahhh go on mate I travelled further than that to buy your pole ?

Scribe

Site Supporter

No problem Squire, totally understand and not the nicest of journeys having to deal with the M62 :(

Scribe

Site Supporter
I'd like a place if there's room please Kev.

Definitely mate I haven't forgotten we do need that return trip on the Trent, when we are allowed out again. (y)

Scribe

Site Supporter
Ahh still a long trek home after a full match day although I suspect you may be worried about fishing a match and being beaten by the mighty Scribe. :eek::eek::cry: How could you live down the shame of it, you would have no choice, but to sell all your gear. o_O:eek::eek::cry::cry::D:D