MD Midlands - Pork Pie III - Saturday 2nd October 2021

Added to Calendar: 02/10/21

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
@Scribe Send me the bank details... I'll settle up now. One would rather admit defeat prior to the battle than suffer the post humiliation.... £100 for the charity?

cant compete

Better than the last 'Best Thing Ever' More enticing than Felicity Kendal in a Basque, Stockings and Wellington Boots (maybe) ;) More exciting than a 1001 things to do in zero gravity. Yes it's true the long awaited Pork Pie 3 match is happening and at a new venue to boot.

Where - Lakeside Sporting Club

The fishery is on the A6006 Opposite Dogs Trust, it's two minutes off the A46 and has superb facilities.

We have exclusive use of the following lakes.

Mixed Coarse Lake - Common, mirror carp, bream, tench, rudd and chub.
Carp Lake - Mirror & Common Carp.

The format will be 3 X Sections of 5 on each lake, 1st,2nd & 3rd awarded on each lake with a payout as follows:-

1st - £60
2nd - £45
3rd - £30
Secton win £20.

There is an onsite cafe and will be asking for pre-orders for breakfast rolls / cobs / balmy cakes. :D

Peg £7 - Payable via PayPal required by 20th September.
Pools £13

There will be a virtual charity raffle - I'll get our business to put £50 in the pot for Bobco vouchers and I will personally double that, so its a £50 a £30 & £20 Bobco voucher for three lucky winners. We are supporting CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably), a male suicide charity, this was suggested by @Whisker in memory of Stansthirdboy.

Bobco Vouchers - £50 a £30 & £20
MD T-shirt, sweatshirt, cap kindly donated by @Whisker
Dynamite towels, caps etc kindly donated by @ulladubulla
MD Year's Site Subscription courtesy of @warrington63
Fame (Or Infamy) await Section winners with a mention in a @Dave Spence special "Drowners" story (with their permission).

Draw 9am sharp - the fishery does not open until 08:30 Hrs
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe on site
Rules and info here - We are allowed to use keepnets for the duration of the match and standard landing nets.

I am aiming to fish here on Sunday so will report back with pictures and exactly how many fish there are in the lake, when I catch each & everyone of them. :D

Huge amount of thanks to @Whisker for giving me the umph to get this sorted, must admit I was seriously thinking about not running it this year - cheers mate. :upthumb:

1 Scribe
2 @Whisker - Providing Scales
3 @Simon Walsh
4 @chris1967
5 @Dave
6 @Peter
7 @mattnewark
8 @kev coke
9 @ulladubulla Providing Scales
10 @Yosemite Sam
11 @nutmeg
12 @Krh57
13 @fish4alarf
14 @90sGear
15 @dirk
16 @MOGZ
17 @MunchMyStump
18 Her Ladyship @Mrs Munch
19 @Dchambo
20 @Northantslad
21 @legs230258
22 @Arch
23 @notneeded
24 @gixer 13
25 @AFletcher22
26 @Barbelcatcher
27 @dealornodeal
28 @tysontim
29 @IanG1
30 @160642fishing

1st Reserve @satinet
2nd Reserve
3rd Reserve
Hi scribe, not been on here for a while but just seen this match, can you put me on the reserve list please mate

cant compete

Better than the last 'Best Thing Ever' More enticing than Felicity Kendal in a Basque, Stockings and Wellington Boots (maybe) ;) More exciting than a 1001 things to do in zero gravity. Yes it's true the long awaited Pork Pie 3 match is happening and at a new venue to boot.

The fishery is on the A6006 Opposite Dogs Trust, it's two minutes off the A46 and has superb facilities.

The format will be 3 X Sections of 5 on each lake, 1st,2nd & 3rd awarded on each lake with a payout as follows:-

1st - £60
2nd - £45
3rd - £30
Secton win £20.

There is an onsite cafe and will be asking for pre-orders for breakfast rolls / cobs / balmy cakes. :D

Pools £13

There will be a virtual charity raffle - I'll get our business to put £50 in the pot for Bobco vouchers and I will personally double that, so its a £50 a £30 & £20 Bobco voucher for three lucky winners. We are supporting CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably), a male suicide charity, this was suggested by @Whisker in memory of Stansthirdboy.

Fame (Or Infamy) await Section winners with a mention in a @Dave Spence special "Drowners" story (with their permission).

Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe on site
Rules and info here - We are allowed to use keepnets for the duration of the match and standard landing nets.

I am aiming to fish here on Sunday so will report back with pictures and exactly how many fish there are in the lake, when I catch each & everyone of them. :D

Huge amount of thanks to @Whisker for giving me the umph to get this sorted, must admit I was seriously thinking about not running it this year - cheers mate. :upthumb:

1 Scribe
3 @Simon Walsh
4 @chris1967
5 @Dave
6 @Peter
7 @mattnewark
8 @kev coke
10 @Yosemite Sam
11 @nutmeg
12 @Krh57
13 @fish4alarf
14 @90sGear
15 @dirk
16 @MOGZ
17 @MunchMyStump
18 Her Ladyship @Mrs Munch
19 @Dchambo
20 @Northantslad
21 @legs230258
22 @Arch
23 @notneeded
24 @gixer 13
25 @AFletcher22
26 @Barbelcatcher
27 @dealornodeal
28 @tysontim
29 @IanG1
30 @160642fishing

1st Reserve @satinet
2nd Reserve
3rd Reserve
Hi Scribe stick me on the reserve list please mate, I've been hibernating and only just seen this match info

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Think they need to update the rules page

"All anglers must have NRA licence"

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi @cant compete I have put you on the list Squire.

@dirk - Apologies all for not replying sooner I have been away, coupled with hitting one of the four busiest times a year work-wise has mean't I haven't had a chance to get over there to find out for myself. I did e-mail them asking the question about depths, but didn't get a reply, so ended up calling them. The answer I received was both the mixed coarse lake and the carp lake are 3 Metres / 9.84 Feet deep. Now I really doubt that, so first chance I get I will pop over with a plummet and get some accurate readings.

dirk

Site Supporter
I hope you're going to plumb-up every peg with a 20gr Guru plummet, as that's what I use lol :D

cant compete

1st - £60
2nd - £45
3rd - £30
Secton win £20.

Pools £13

Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe on site

1 Scribe
3 @Simon Walsh
4 @chris1967
5 @Dave
6 @Peter
7 @mattnewark
8 @kev coke
10 @Yosemite Sam
11 @nutmeg
12 @Krh57