MD Midlands - Pork Pie III Match Latest & Last Update

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Barbel weather, typical and strong winds, be some lumps out this weekend. Wouldn't swap this though, looking forward to it, good work, fair play to the efforts in setting it all up.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not sure whether to bring my nearly waterproofs, my waterproofs, or my very waterproofs :D

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Barbel weather, typical and strong winds, be some lumps out this weekend. Wouldn't swap this though, looking forward to it, good work, fair play to the efforts in setting it all up.
Thanks Chris - There is a lot more that goes into this match organising malarkey than you would think and I'll say it again if it wasn't for @Whisker it wouldn't happen or be as well organised as it is.

Btw I am sure I posted that there was a venue change to the Trent didn't I ?? :unsure::unsure:I am sure I told everyone to bring Barbel kit.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Take care anyone travelling today or tomorrow to the venue.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I can’t believe you’re asking for Munchy to be rescued. I thought you would be happy to let him float off somewhere. I’m sure he would do the same for you, especially now he’s just bought a new covered side tray , and needs the extra room in the car to get it home.😳😳🥴🤣🤣😂
Luckily for me, I have built in floatation devices. Unfortunately, the Mr does not so your rescue service may be of more use there. 🤪😂

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Well I give up on what the weather is going to be like tomorrow. :( Depending on which forecast you look at it varies wildly

Met Office - Heavy rain changing to sunny spells by late morning - Wind gusting to 30 Mph.(Always heavily pessimistic this forecast)
Metcheck - Dry until Midday then rain getting heavier on to the evening - Wind gusting to 34 Mph
BBC - Light cloud and a moderate breeze Low chance of rain up until 14:00 Hrs when there is a 42% chance going up to 90% by 17:00 Hrs .

I might bring my waders just so I can rescue @Mrs Munch and become her hero by carrying her back to safety from a flooded peg. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Then again at least on my peg (on the Trent) I can get under the day shelter out of the rain. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I looked at the forecast last night, and it’s actually better up there , than down here on Saturday. So my glass is half full, although it may be overflowing if we get a lot of rain.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Right then, that's the car all loaded up. I think I have got everything??? Anyhow a quick pitstop to Bobco to pick up the new brolly and away we go!
See you there!!! (y)(y)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow, just a shame about the predicted bad weather.
Will look forward to reading the write up, results and of coarse the pics.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Up and at them, coffee then load the last few bits of kit in the car and off to Lake View. :upthumb:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Morning all,

Well I am up, not sure about awake yet, first coffee will no doubt achieve that. Looking forward to today, a rare chance to catch up with some PPM regulars and to meet some new faces. How much the fact it's a match is a draw I don't know, I reckon even if it was just a fish in it would still work. So good luck to everyone taking part and thank you for taking part after all no Drowners no special day. :upthumb: