MD Midlands - Pork Pie III Match Latest & Last Update

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well a lot has happened (no not another venue change :ROFLMAO:) So here is the latest and hopefully the last update before the day.
Following a visit to Lakeview today (sadly not a practice day, as heavens knows I need it:D) we have been offered the use of an additional Reef lake so the match(es) will comprise 10 anglers, two sections per lake, prize money will be awarded as follows:-

On each lake

1st £45
2nd £35
3rd £20
+ 2 sections of £15 each

This spreads the money around a bit and is more in line with the ethos of the Pork Pie Match (No @Dave it is not just an excuse, to eat lots of pork pie !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

The second bit of news is that as our business had a good year last year, we decided between us to raise the donation, to £250 in the form of Matchman Supplies Gift Vouchers to 2 X £50, 3 X £30 & 3 X £20.

Peg/Pools and Raffle Tickets can all be sorted on arrival (need to get the nuggets from you, before @Peter does :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Right I am off for a lie down in a dark room with Felciity Kendal.....:love::ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Afternoon @Peter will be good to catch up, it seems an awfully long time since last year. :upthumb:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Whilst I was at Lakeview enjoying a cup of coffee and a Bacon & Tomato Cob, I did notice a Rural Police Hilux pull in to the car park. Seems they were accompanying the Environment Agency checking licences, which is good. What is mystifying is, why was @dirk absent from the weekly Lakeview Vets match he normally fishes ? :unsure:

Had Dodgy Dirk been tipped off that the bill were going to be in attendance and not wanting to be up in front of the Judge 🧑‍⚖️ again !! decided to make himself scarce ?? :unsure::unsure::whistle::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Can’t wait! 😛

If you have fivers/change instead of £20 notes, it would help with paying out and be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance, I look forward to seeing you all there (hopefully we can get to fill up as normal next week… 😂).

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Dave Spence Thank you Dave, kind of you to say so. if it wasn't for @Whisker (the brains of the outfit) it wouldn't happen, it's a simple as that. I only expected it to be a knockup with 12 - 15 taking part when I started it, I put it down to the central location and the fact that there is a pork pie in the offing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wish you could fish it Dave, would be great to see you and this time I would remember to bring the following

(A) Spare brolly
(B) My Zippo to light a fag in the rain
(C) Spare lighter for you.
(D) Spare feeders in case you leave yours ar home.

Think we would be covered then mate. :upthumb: :)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
@Dave Spence Thank you Dave, kind of you to say so. if it wasn't for @Whisker (the brains of the outfit) it wouldn't happen, it's a simple as that. I only expected it to be a knockup with 12 - 15 taking part when I started it, I put it down to the central location and the fact that there is a pork pie in the offing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wish you could fish it Dave, would be great to see you and this time I would remember to bring the following

(A) Spare brolly
(B) My Zippo to light a fag in the rain
(C) Spare lighter for you.
(D) Spare feeders in case you leave yours ar home.

Think we would be covered then mate. :upthumb: :)
Not quite mate, when I forget something I tend to do it big time. When I forgot my feeders, I also forgot my feeder rods and reels as well. Senility beckons😟😟😟

Scribe

Site Supporter
Done myself @Dave Spence usually bait left in fridge or full charged thermos flask left on the worktop. :bash::blast:

Now I go through a routine of visualising setting up before the match and ticking everything off once it's in the car. The only thing left that I always forget is to catch enough fish. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll bring a set of scales, tripod and weigh bag if you need them

Scribe

Site Supporter
I'll bring a set of scales, tripod and weigh bag if you need them
Thank you Dave that would be appreciated, hopefully the guys at Lakeview will weigh in 1 / 2 lakes and @Whisker and I will weigh in another. It will depend if the Lakeview guys have other 'official' matches to weigh in at the same time.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Thank you Dave that would be appreciated, hopefully the guys at Lakeview will weigh in 1 / 2 lakes and @Whisker and I will weigh in another. It will depend if the Lakeview guys have other 'official' matches to weigh in at the same time.
Where do we find any info about the lakes Scribe please ?

Scribe

Site Supporter
@160642fishing @dirk is THE venue expert as he is there more often than when he is at home, he get's his post delivered to the peg. I'll have a search think dirk did put some info up.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@160642fishing

Post by dirk here

All three are standard snake lakes There are carp, F1's & ide as well as skimmers/roach in each lake oh and a few absolutely mental ghost carp too. :ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Well the weather forecast keeps changing from lots of rain to no rain on the day. Given the forecast for rain and some very heavy showers Monday - Thursday I knew I should have held this match on the Trent. :D:D

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Just thought I would add this little nugget of info, having just spoken to them. You must use fishery pellets apart from hookbait. All pellets are available including micro for the method feeder and only cost a pound a bag. You can use your own hook pellet no problem.
That saves me carting a lot of bait I'm not going to be able to use but at a pound a bag, I'm not complaining. Fresh maggots are also available for those who don't want to risk a tub opening during the journey.
We are both looking forward to seeing those we know and meeting those we don't (y)
God help whichever poor soul draws next to @Mrs Munch ... :devilish:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I can’t wait. Rang them this week, with regards to bait, and was told that there was no need to pre order as they would have plenty of maggot , casters and worms.