MD Midlands - Pork Pie III . 2021 Aftermath and results

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Cold, wet and frozen when I got home - going for a bath to get some heat into these old bones.

Enjoyed the day, lucky really - was well sheltered - not like some who were exposed to the rain and chilling wind.

Nice to meet Mr Webster (the Boss) and all the crowd - thanks for the organisation - see you soon Kevin (hopefully)

Last edited:

Whisker

Site Supporter
A hard day at the office; very wet, very cold and very windy! No rain back home though, funny that. Almost as if MD has its very own weather system just for matches… 🤔
A great day nonetheless, enjoyed it immensely and it was fished in the right spirit… well done all the winners and raffle prize winners too! 👍

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
Thanks for organising this. Even though it poured it down, I had a really good day. Very nice to meet you all. Plus I didn't come last. Did I @Peter ?

Well, it's back in the pub for us. The Mr has only just recovered from last night...... Will he survive tonight???? 😱

Much luv 💕

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Can only echo @Whisker comments a big thank you for everyone that took part and especially those that put some miles in to get to Lakeview. :upthumb: :upthumb:

It amazes me every year the generosity and spirit of Md'ers signing up to fish a match in awful weather conditions at a know tricky place to fish, All I can say is you re all mad and I haven't quite worked out who is the most mentally afflicted @Whisker & I for organising it or you lot for taking part year on year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but thank you for doing it anyway. :upthumb: :upthumb:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Got home at 8pm. Just dried out. The gear can wait until the morning. Thanks to Kev (Scribe) and Whisker for the organising. Met some new and old faces. Munchy looked very sorry for himself this morning, and even more sorry when he had to hand over a nugget to Dave, who must be the happiest Yorkshireman this evening with 3 nuggets , section money,tackle voucher and 2 raffle prizes. Not to mention one of the biggest breakfasts disappearing in about 10 mins.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I thought he had just come over all Pop Star because he not only was allowed out of the dark, dark place, but was actually allowed to fish on a peg un-supervised.

Total

Site Supporter
Are the results a secret or are we waiting for the Angling Trust to post them?:unsure::whistle:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I didn't come last. Did I @Peter ?
You certainly didn't, Well Done Claire :upthumb:.

Mugger got well and truly MUGGED. 😂

Frankly I should have switched the alarm off, pulled the duvet up and forgotten all about it today

5 hours of cold, wind and rain resulting in the huge sum of 3lbs made up of 2 Ide, 2 Skimmers and sundry micro Perch.:eek:

Lost a Nugget to Dave and another to Tony (@notneeded )😭

No Pork Pie 😢

No Raffle Prize ☹️

and in all probability finished dead last unless some other poor soul had a bigger nightmare than me today.😫

Still good to meet up with everyone and have a few laughs even if most were at my expense. :upthumb:

Highlight of the Day had to be Bernie (@MunchMyStump) turning up for breakfast in his sunglasses, looking and sounding very very fragile and not being able to face the breakfast roll he had ordered. Needless to say @Mrs Munch appeared absolutely radiant and totally unaffected by any alcohol consumed the previous evening. :beautiful: