MD Midlands Individual (or was) - Jansons Fishery 27th September 2020 - Match Pool

Added to Calendar: 27/09/20

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good luck everyone and may the force be with you :D

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi Luke,

I take it that it's silvers and carp under 1 LB in the same net ?

I will only need two nets one for silvers and the odd <1 lb carp and the other for show....:D

@Dave - The Force will be with us.........Gale Force from the NNW. :eek::(

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Hi Luke,

I take it that it's silvers and carp under 1 LB in the same net ?

I will only need two nets one for silvers and the odd <1 lb carp and the other for show....:D

@Dave - The Force will be with us.........Gale Force from the NNW. :eek::(

Yes carp under 1lb and silvers in one net

Scribe

Site Supporter
Morning all woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so decided to get up. Just been out in the garden and it's not cold, but the wind is blustery, not constant just strong gusts,

Ah well plenty of time to get ready, hate rushing around, as that's usually a recipe for forgetting something,

Note to self - Don't forget the bait in the fridge......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Come on spill the beans who won and who got what, or is it all too embarrassing :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
If I hadn't said to Luke I was going, for two pins I wouldn't have bothered. Just my heart really wasn't in it,

Started with prep I had planned last weekend to get some rigs & hooks tied. that went out the window with family visits etc. This Saturday set up to do rigs and had to work instead. Hate turning up not as prepared as I wanted to be and coupled with a absolute duff week, I could have done with a game of rugby to get rid of my frustration (not that I would last more than 5 minutes !)

Was late leaving and by the time I set up it was half an hour into the match. had carp climbing over themselves at my feet in between the keep nets, but wouldn't take a hook bait, tried different sized / colour pellet banded and expanders as well as couple of casters but no takers. Gave up and went down the track which was only 2 ft deep and any feeding resulted in swirls of mud as the carp rooted around, it has really silted up badly.

Had Neil (Gixer13) on the next peg and he very kindly offered me some of his rigs, but I declined, didn't seem like cricket to use borrowed rigs, I am a big believer in either stand or fall on your own merits.

To be honest I just didn't enjoy it on the day, even when I was catching, had a few foul hooked too tried limiting the feed to just 2 x 6 mm pellets and no bites or more pellets / caster and bites or foul hooking.

No reflection on the match itself, all credit to Luke for organising all of the matches at Jansons just me on the day.