MD Fantasy Footie 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
NOTE:

You will only be considered playing MDs fantasy footie if you appear in the league AND have posted the required info on this thread.

Everyone who played last year, will automatically be invited to the new league, however I may remove you from the league until you have posted the required info on this thread.

I will be sunning my butt in Florida from 7th August for 12 days, so apologies in advance for registrations problems during that time. I will have occasional access to the internet if I can drag myself out of the pool. Lets try and get all the registrations done by 7th if possible [:)]

If, after reading this whole post, you would like to join in, then please reply to this thread giving TWO bits of info:

1. Which category you will be playing in (Fun or Money)
2. Your chosen team name (as it's sometimes hard to tie up MD username with teams)

The maggotdrowning rules:

1. under-18s on MDs must play in the 'just for fun' category along with most other people.

2. You will have had to be an MD member on 1st July 2010 to join in.

3. If you get your account locked temporarily, or are banned from the site during the Fantasy Football period, you will also be removed from the FF league. Any donation you have made will not be returned, however I will return your fiver if you have paid into the prize fund

CATEGORIES

Fun
Playing for the prestige of beating your fellow MDs and just having some fun
Eligible to win the Maggotdrowning winners trophy
Join by 15th August

Money
Pay 5 into the prize fund, which makes you eligible for a cash prize
Prizes will depend on the number of fivers in the pot, we won't know the size of the pot until entry closes.
Typical prizes would be 1st 60, 2nd 15, 3rd 5 (if 16 people are playing for money)
Eligible to win the Maggotdrowning winners trophy
Payment: I will PM everyone who wants to play for money, giving the address to send a cheque and my email for payments via paypal
I will need to receive your money by 6th August or you will unfortunately have to play for fun only

HOW TO JOIN

If you played last year, please check to see if you are already in the MDs league before you rejoin with the new league code.

To join up:

Read the rules.

The way the scoring works will determine how you should spend your money, so you need to understand how players score points.

Go to The Premier League Website:

1 register (note password restrictions) or confirm existing registration
2 select your team name, team kit and players
3 submit your team
4 click 'Leagues' link on the right
5 Enter the code 16253-6330 in full (including the hyphen) (if not already in the league)

You are now a member of the Maggotdrowning league.
You can put in a draft team and change as many times as you want before the season starts.

PLEASE REMEMBER

If you are less than 18 years old on 14th August 2010, you cannot play in the money category
Please post your details on this thread, not just "I'm in" as I usually get, but your team name and category.
If you are paying by Paypal, you will need to add 38p for fees - will will contact you by PM with details if you post that you are playing for money.

DONATIONS

You can join in for nothing, nowt, bugger-all, zilch

However, as you will be having fun thanks to Maggotdrowning, if you would like to make a donation of 1 or 2 which will go toward the running costs of the site it would be appreciated.
Two ways to do it:
Paypal directly to the site using this link and mention fantasy football in the notes
OR, add a little to your 5 if you are playing for cash, and I'll collect it all up and pay on your behalf.
Dont worry about only paying 1 as if 40 people play, 40 is a worthwhile extra contribution

PS 2nd and 3rd place last year have still not responded to my PM - I'm keeping your cash until you do [8D]

Last edited:

squady9111

money
sams_silly_soldiers

no effing about from me i will send a cheque asap! [:I]

keith74

THFC
.mitchells men, playing for money please, i forgot to contact you about my winnings last year[:I][:I]. canyou take this years one from it and also put another team in for my son???. the remaining tenner can i donate to the site, cheers for runningthis again. really enjoyed last season[:T][:T].
2nd team to be called Born Leader Spurs ifthis is ok

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
t.b squad ....can you send details so i can pay by paypal on friday please [:T][:T][:T][:T]

Last edited:

mecca

Another smoggy
Money

meccas useless 11

Think im already in the league

need a paypal to send you cash jase[:T]

thanks again for running it[:T]

crusty

"I'm in" [:)]

Wandered off, for money (do you do cheque spread?)

Ian

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Message sent to mecca
Message sent to Geoff P
Message sent to crusty
Message sent to misfit
Message sent to common_carp

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
right guys, just a little help reference the paypal, IF YOU DONT KNOW...

to get around the paypal FEES, when you pay the 5 do the following:

enter email address
enter the amount (5)
click the PERSONAL TAB
there should already be a DOT in the GIFT section
then click CONTINUE..

job done boys and girls.....[:X][:X]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.