MD BREAKS British barbel Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblade

Little known angler Newies Maggots earlier today broke the British barbel record with a fish weighing 26lb 4oz. Apparently this novice angler had never fished for barbel before and caught the fish on his first ever cast for the species. Fishing 2lb of curry flavoured Spam on a 14 ounce lead on a rising river Trent Newies said and I quote" Couldn't understand why I couldn't hold bottom when Stoo was only throwing a 1 ounce lead, thought I'd snagged the bottom and realed in only to find my fish of a life time gasping for air waiting to be netted. This barbel fishing is far to easy". The fish wiegh in was veryfied by respected anglers John Wilson and Chris Yates who said" We can't believe how good this man is yet he can't tie a knotless knot". Unfortunately Newie woke up two minutes later realising the cats weren't biting and he'd just p****d in Stoos bivvy! Tight lines all.Pete the blade. PS beer involved in this post.

Last edited:

shonkyboy

I read the forum thread thinking there was a new record - then as soon as the name Newie came into it i knew it was a p*ss take[:D]
LOL

Bungee

Originally posted by nigel clark

Pete you had A stella again???

A keg I reckon!! Good God Pete, how does your mind work to come up with such outlandish fantasies?!

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Tempting fate if you ask me, Newie will be netting his first barbel as I write (even though i think he's fishing for carp this weekend).

peteblade

The mind of a madman works in mysterious ways Bungee. Especially after a gallon of Krounny!

crusty

I heard the barbel came floating to the top after being hit on the head by newbies 24oz lead.

The barbel was returned safely but later committed suicide due to the ridicule from its mates.

crusty

Bungee

Originally posted by peteblade

The mind of a madman works in mysterious ways Bungee. Especially after a gallon of Krounny!

Might need a gallon to cope with a week on the Junky!!

Larry

Lazarus
It had me going as well till i saw newies name on it but a good laugh all the same.

STEVEDAVIES11

Pete struggles with a scooner of sherry never mind a gallon of beer, he is only a yorkshire man so take the quantity with a pinch of salt. Besides he doesn't know enough mates to pay for the gallon of beer, he's has tight as a gnats chuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.