Max line diameter on spades

Total

Site Supporter
I meant to say Drennan carp feeder 👍, as I put I was shown that by a successful midlands paste angler, and it’s always worked well for me
Nothing wrong with it mate, a wider gape would be my choice and as you say, works for you....;)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I always fish paste rigs straight through, I use Drennan carbon feeder hooks in size 10 and 12 , and leave a bit of tag line on ... that’s the hook Pattern I was shown to use with paste, many year’s ago, by an expert paste angler Darren “Reaper” Reece at Clattercote 👍
Im not the best paste fisherman but i use banded hooks with a 6 or 8mm pellet in or a piece of corn with the paste covering it all ,in my way of thinking theres always a bait on and i feed corn or pellets whilst i tip the paste in . I use 0.18 reflo never been broke on that in front of me ,and 0.20 in snaggy margins

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Im not the best paste fisherman but i use banded hooks with a 6 or 8mm pellet in or a piece of corn with the paste covering it all ,in my way of thinking theres always a bait on and i feed corn or pellets whilst i tip the paste in . I use 0.18 reflo never been broke on that in front of me ,and 0.20 in snaggy margins
Ps i know when the paste is off but for a few seconds to a .minute they have a futher option to drag the float under . Looks like t he freebees

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
See .... Robert .... brains of the outfit. 👍

Redtop

Site Supporter
I
Just playing about with some paste rigs.
What is max line diameter you would use with size 10 /12 spades.
Just used some reflo .24 to see how it looks. .its secure but knot sort of goes up spade a bit.
if your using paste , presentation isn’t important- so just use an eyed hook - tie a knotless knot with out the hair rig and you can use what dia you want 👍