maver s4 z frame seat box

iammrb

Site Supporter
A good & honest review. Thanks .

I've got a couple of friends with the quad box who have no issues with stability. Enjoy your purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

wse1961

Originally posted by iammrb

A good & honest review. Thanks .

I've got a couple of friends with the quad box who have no issues with stability. Enjoy your purchase.

Thank you. Ive used it a few times now I'm getting used to having both my feet on foot plate. i like the 30mm legs and now that i double check I've tightened the legs correctly it sits rock solid.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
I've bought a 6 leg maver elite and have the same problem with height and fishing with my right leg on the ground. I even have that middle leg in the way so the 4 leg z frame has an advantage. I do use my brolley arm on this leg as a foot rest but ideally a small side footplate would be ideal, does anyone do them?

artist

30/03/06 - Mar 2019
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Anglingman

I've bought a 6 leg maver elite and have the same problem with height and fishing with my right leg on the ground. I even have that middle leg in the way so the 4 leg z frame has an advantage. I do use my brolley arm on this leg as a foot rest but ideally a small side footplate would be ideal, does anyone do them?

Matchbox used to make them some good few years back - but they would probably be 20mm dia as think it was in the days before 25mm and now 30/36mm.

wse1961

201523214539_L728.jpg

I found this on the maver web site. it looks like it is attached to a z4. I have also seen a photo of a z4 with a side foot plate. trouble is just yet more stuff to carry and set up and put away. I am getting used to sitting a bit to the left of the box and keeping both feet on the foot plate. Or we could all just carry a breeze block around with us. Im liking the box a lot build quality seems good

Last edited:

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Amen to that, I can't believe how much I now carry !
I used to walk to my peg, over stiles along towpaths etc etc.

Now I'd be lucky to carry my rod holdall on its own !
of us used to travel in a car, then 2 now I find I'm travelling more on my own (and no not because my mates have fallen out with me [:I]).

All of us will be travelling singularly to Whiteacres this year !
Kit rationlisation maybe in order the only problem is once set up I actually feel very comfortable and have what I need.

wse1961

I've had the box two months now and nearly ready for my next review I'm fishing the mid week fish fest at lake John tomorrow and that's goimg to decide my final review

wse1961

So. I have been using the z4 box for over 3 months now and feel I can write my final review. I am finding it hard to find much wrong with the box. I do find I am getting my landing net and line caught up a bit on the fitting on the bump bar and although I'm getting used to not have my right lfoit on the floor at the side of the box it does take a bit of getting used too. The seat isn't as big as my old large space station it is big enought and I'm not small firm but comfy . On the plus side it is relatively light and holds an enormous amount of tackle. Nothing has failed, the hinges and clips all work great as do the draws and winder trays. There is a big opportunity for maver to produce a lot of extras for the trays as they are quite deep. I would like more choice of couloir and size of winders and designated hook length boxes along with some fitted boxes for more bits. The supplied tray seems a little cheap but works great. Now that I tighten the legs correctly the box sits rock solid and the spirit levels are a big help. One of the rings I like best about this box is it just looks great. If I lost this box I would tomorrow go and buy another
To sum this up. A well made light weight box that's not to small or to large supplied with some nice attachments and compared with some boxes on sale not over expensive it's also been lucky

Matt46

I have just purchased the same seat box, loads of room and it's reasonably light. My only gripe is the MXi wheel kit does not fit so I'm another 100 lighter now I have had to purchase the right one.

Calo0288

How would you rate the stability for sitting on for example stairs near a canal or on steep natural banks ? Does the stability of the box compete with the stability of boxes with 6 legs at all? Just wouldnt want to end up in the water if i buy one.

SeanRsmith

I have just purchased the same seat box, loads of room and it's reasonably light. My only gripe is the MXi wheel kit does not fit so I'm another 100 lighter now I have had to purchase the right one.
Where did you get the wheel kit from,,, my wife got me a wheel kit for Christmas that was supposed to fit the mvr but its to big 😔