Maver rod bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wozelbeak

just letting you know that a rod bag i purchased recently, is of poor quality.
the handle of the bag has a imitation leather handle which has split in two places after just a month of use.
DSCF1715.jpg

andy_martin

The artist formerly known as...
Looks like maver team?

The plastic D loop on my platinum jumbo carryall broke after a few months and the shop swapped it there and then.
Apparently Maver are quite good at replacing things.

Been the platinum range for 3 years now and cant fault it.

Last edited by a moderator:

macca63

I had the same problem with the D loop on my carryall as well, Maver replaced it FOC without any problem, noticed the replacement has a metal loop so obviously its been a design fault which they have corrected, we must have purchased old stock.

tworodsjackson

Originally posted by djandymartin

Apparently Maver are quite good at replacing things.

That's because they get plenty of practice [:)]

My Maver rod bag fell to bits within months, zips coming unstitched, handle stitching coming undone, zip tags breaking etc etc.

hemphead2

hemphead2
had my platinum luggage for about 2years and its falling apart now.I have heard so many bad reports about maver luggage.

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Should have bought GTI.[:T]

wozelbeak

emailed maver about it 21st April.
still no reply from them.
that is bad customer service if you ask me!

d1ball

Bally
Mine has done exactly the same....after one downpour....

d1ball

Bally
Dave...any chance of getting involved in this one and taking up with Maver???

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd love to take up all complaints but unfortunately I just don't have the time to do so
Give it a few more days and then contact them again

skimmerman

Have you tried taking it back to the tackle shop where you bought it from? If it's only a month old they should be able to get Maver to sort it out for you.

wozelbeak

Skimmer, i purchased it while working in Worcester.
thats a 120 mile round trip, which i will do as a last resort.

I have been in touch with them via email for the third time.
they have not had the common courtesy to reply to me!

THIS IS MY WARNING TO ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO BUY MAVER LUGGAGE!

if you have a problem with it, you are basically screwed!

it appears that they do not care what problems you might be having.
go to another aledgedly reputable manufacturer, they just can not be any worse!
this is not a figment of my imagination, look at the images at the top of the post.
a one month old rod bag that looks like sh!t!

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Try phoning them direct- Maver: 01527 406300 http://www.maver.co.uk/

Tell them what the problem is and that you would like them to send you a replacement strap as the original one is obviously not fit for the purpose intended as it has broken so readily

wozelbeak

Dave, the handle is not changeable. it is riveted in place.
however i will give them a call, its just not on that they are not responding to my emails.
they give a email address in their contact us information.

cheers woz.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately with emails these days there's that much junk being sent around that filtered email servers can sometimes resign genuine emails to the bin, and no one is none the wiser.
I get it quite a bit; I get a heck of a lot of emails and an awful lot more spam and junk, and occasionally I get someone kicking off because I haven't replied to x number of emails they've sent.
When I ask them to send a test email it is either rejected at the server end or consigned to the Junk mail folder in Outlook when it's downloaded, hence I never get to see it. The worst emails for this are ones sent from Hotmail and Yahoo accounts - favourites for spammers because they're so easily obtainable, and disposable.

Generally I find that if I need to send an email and it needs a reply, if I don't get one after a couple of days I'll phone or fax the person or company and most times they've not received the email in the first place

Also another issue I found recently which affected my business is that a company I deal with were not receiving some emails I sent them. It turned out that being a small company they were using the same email address for all inward correspondence and the first person who downloaded the email received it, regardless if it was aimed at them or not.
The onus was then upon them to forward it to the relevant department and this wasn't happening, so it just sat there amongst others.
On this occasion the recipient was using a laptop out on their travels and downloading emails as they went, hence the office never got to recive the ones they downloaded

In Outlook theres an option in Advanced Settings when setting up email accounts to leave a copy of the email on the server for x amount of days.
In a small office or where several staff have access to the same inward email addresses it is a good idea if this option is set for all then that way everyone will recieve a copy of that email.

wozelbeak

I will call them Dave, however there is no excuse for ignoring customers!
if their system is filtering genuine correspondence, then they need to change it fast.
i use a talktalk acount for my emails.
all of my family are regular anglers. my Brother purchased his stink bag the same time as i did.
i have informed him of the problems i am having with Maver luggage and customer service.
he has now stated that he will NOT buy any more Maver products.
He has been using TFG for a lot of his stuff in the past, and says that their customer service is second to none.

hemphead2

hemphead2
everyone keeps saying how good gti luggage is but i cant find a web site?Where can you view /buy it. And also is this the same company that produced the'wedge' luggage from a few years back.I remember it was a blue and mauve colour.

wozelbeak

UPDATE.
Maver have now been in touch with me.
the first email i sent had the wrong address on it so "my bad".
the second email arrived when the PA was on annual leave.
as did the third email.

anyway, Maver have now said they will replace the handle on my bag as a gesture of good will.
now that is how customer care and service should be carried out.
i have made it clear that the rod bag in itself is what i was looking for, however the quality was what let it down.
in my eyes maver have now gone some way to repairing my faith in them. i will keep you informed on the rest of the dealings.

d1ball

Bally
Dave.....I knew you wouldnt be able to resist and would get involved!!!

Wozelbeak.....how can they change it cos like you say the strap is rivetted on?!?!.....my strap did the same after one downpour!!...did you get them on the number Dave supplied??

wozelbeak

no, they replied to my email in the end.
i have asked them how they will replace the handle, however they seem to have reverted to not answering my emails!
i have sent a reminder, how disapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.