Maver reality starter

Matty1987

Hi all
I’ve been a float fisher for a number of years. All be it a casual fisher. I recently went to my local tackle shop for advice on a starter margin pole. And came away with the maver reality 6m pole which comes With a pre elastics red top kit and 2 rigs. Which is great for me and I’ve cought a few carp. Can anyone advise what top kits to get and explain a little about what I need, what elastics to use with them. Rig needs ?
Seems to be a mine field
Any help much appreciated

Attachments

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Before you get a billion and one answers try googling .... Pole fishing for beginners. Lots of youtube vids on there. Sometimes its better to see how its done rather than be told. Failing that, have a look at our very own ' Neil of the Nene ' blog. I think Neil has something for the new pole angler. Or maybe send him a PM. Good luck matey. 👍

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi @Matty1987 Welcolme to the forum.

Neil's excellent guide is here It helped me a lot when I got back into fishing 4 years ago and started using a pole for the first time.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The easiest way to learn is to go with someone for a couple of hours who knows what they are doing.

There's plenty of members on here who would show you the basics to get you going in the right direction - where abouts are you?

Scribe

Site Supporter
Stop it @tipitinmick you will make me blush. I am just passing it on as I have had lots of help and days out with fellow MD'ers who helped me.

All Matt has to do is watch me and do the exact opposite and he will be fine. :D:D

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I'm in Northants so not that far away. Perhaps Scribe and I could meet up with you somewhere like Holmes Farm, Lubenham or somewhere closer to Melton for a day. Notneeded might be up for a day's Mick taking as well.

Scribe

Site Supporter
I'm in Northants so not that far away. Perhaps Scribe and I could meet up with you somewhere like Holmes Farm, Lubenham or somewhere closer to Melton for a day. Notneeded might be up for a day's Mick taking as well.
Sounds like a great idea Neil - Matt you won't go wrong with Neil & Tony they know what they are doing, unlike me that has half a clue, (y)

Scribe

Site Supporter
You can teach him to swim 👍
Eh up Mr Wonky Box - setting his seat box up so it's level will be lesson No 1 - I see you skipped that one. :D:D

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Better get there early scribe, you’ve got to sit on Neils knee, while he reads his blog to you 👍👍

Scribe

Site Supporter
Now then Chefster no need to get jealous :D

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Eh up Mr Wonky Box - setting his seat box up so it's level will be lesson No 1 - I see you skipped that one. :D:D
His first lesson with setting up his seatbox from you will be “fitting the diving board “ 👍

Scribe

Site Supporter
His first lesson with setting up his seatbox from you will be “fitting the diving board “ 👍
At least it will be a level diving board not on the pizz - anyway go away and tie up some hooklengths for the silvers lake tomorrow. :D:D(y)