Maver Reality Seatbox

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Couple of questions on this package I've found online. Seems like a good deal but I'm no expert...

1) Has anyone got or have used one of these? Pro's and cons? Seems relatively cheap, should I look to spend a bit more and go for a MAtrix F25/P25, or a bit more still and go for a Preston Inception.

2) Fishermans Friend in Smethwick, I've never used them, are they reputable etc.

Thanks in advance

Stewie

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I personally don’t like Preston boxes, I don’t think the quality is that good. I was going to buy a MAP Z30 from Nathan’s in Derby, before the Rive came up that I bought. £475 I think it was, very good value. Fisherman’s Friend are a long established company and very good to deal with.

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
The reality is a decent box but you get what you pay for. Had mine for a year and the only issue is the seat. It’s fine to start off but loses shape over time. I’m going to get mine re-upholstered.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
The reality is a decent box but you get what you pay for. Had mine for a year and the only issue is the seat. It’s fine to start off but loses shape over time. I’m going to get mine re-upholstered.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated??

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have had the Inception since they first came out, sold my absolute compact to buy one,
I have heard the legs on the P25 and F25 are close to the seat body and attachments can be a problem, I think it's been mentioned on various threads on seatboxes on here, there is plenty of room between seat body and legs on the Inception.

alsur

Site Supporter
I have had the Inception since they first came out, sold my absolute compact to buy one,
I have heard the legs on the P25 and F25 are close to the seat body and attachments can be a problem, I think it's been mentioned on various threads on seatboxes on here, there is plenty of room between seat body and legs on the Inception.
I have a Matrix Matchmaster which is older version of P25 and F25 same box with folding footplate, I'm really happy with box but yes the legs are close to box and it can cause problems with attachments, Matrix attachments are OK but some others prevent draws opening or can't lift trays. I had a Preston mega side tray had to get rid of it.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yes - I have the Signature Venue & my only gripe is the seat. Not the most comfortable & I do suffer with "basket bum" after a session.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yes - I have the Signature Venue & my only gripe is the seat. Not the most comfortable & I do suffer with "basket bum" after a session.
What are they like weight wise for carrying, ? I have seen the new one and am tempted to buy,
At present if travel light it's a bag of bits and a chair, otherwise its seatbox and trolley

The Landlord

Site Supporter
What are they like weight wise for carrying, ? I have seen the new one and am tempted to buy,
At present if travel light it's a bag of bits and a chair, otherwise its seatbox and trolley
Mine came with an extra deep tray & a another tray with front drawers. If you take the bare minimum (seat which incorporates winder tray) and the drawer set, it's pretty light. The original one did come with a carrying bag & so when it's all collapsed, it's also pretty light.

feldri

Site Supporter
On the Matrix S25, the legs are further out from the box than the P25 and the F25 which is the reason I bought mine. No problem with fitting sidetray or attachments.

alsur

Site Supporter
On the Matrix S25, the legs are further out from the box than the P25 and the F25 which is the reason I bought mine. No problem with fitting sidetray or attachments.

advantage of Matchmaster and p25 is weight the Matchmaster is very light and compact lightest I could find at time, also you can adjust seat height without adding trays. Not as stable as S25 type boxes and closeness of legs can be a problem you pay your money and take your choice.

Adders27

I recently acquired the older Preston Onbox X series costing £60 !!
The quality based on its age and estimated use is very very good and a credit to Preston. Granted you can break most things if you are hand fisted or neglect.
I recently used Fishermen’s Friend shop online and they were excellent.

feldri

Site Supporter
advantage of Matchmaster and p25 is weight the Matchmaster is very light and compact lightest I could find at time, also you can adjust seat height without adding trays. Not as stable as S25 type boxes and closeness of legs can be a problem you pay your money and take your choice.

I got mine from my local tackle shop and had it set up there. Removed shallow trays and had 3 deep drays fitted, perfect. Rigs go in the removable cassette trays under the seatbox so I can take whichever rigs I need for the venue I'm fishing leaving the other trays at home. It's quite heavy but lighter than my old Rive with octoplus legs which has 6 shallow trays and one deep tray.

Steadyeddie 1

Site Supporter
I have the f25 and added the unit with 2 front drawers for more height.I had problems with a Nu Fish sidetray which is cheaper than the Matrix one but as I worked for a engineering firm I managed to overcome them.

alsur

Site Supporter
I got mine from my local tackle shop and had it set up there. Removed shallow trays and had 3 deep drays fitted, perfect. Rigs go in the removable cassette trays under the seatbox so I can take whichever rigs I need for the venue I'm fishing leaving the other trays at home. It's quite heavy but lighter than my old Rive with octoplus legs which has 6 shallow trays and one deep tray.

I replaced an preston x3 box with Matchmaster I wanted a compact light box, personally I prefer folding foot plates ( which I know a lot of people don't like) as the box takes up less room in car, another thing I liked was the footplate is very close to ground when box is set up which I like. I can see the attraction of station type boxes more versatile and more stable. All this goes to show how personal our tackle is and the importance of looking at tackle you want to buy, I went to big one and looked at all the boxes on offer.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Me to so i purchased foam cover with a gel layer to put on my seat ,its an extra cushion and works well for me and my bony bum lol