maver or diawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace

once again the great pole debate opens
i am in the market for a new pole.
the poles i have in mind are the diawa 811 matchwinner,the diawa 221.
and in the maver range the reactorlite and the medusa.
does anybody have any of these and if so could you give me your input on strength, ridgidity,balance, and strength.also what is the reactorlite and 221 are like to fish at full lenght.[?][?][?]
thankyou for any info posted.

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
i had hold of a medusa the other day. The sections seem very wide early on in the poles length which must be a night mare in a side wind. It also really needs to be floated after 14.5m cos it just goes very slack. i wouldn't mind hearing anybodys views on the 811 and also the garbolino antidote?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ace,
Martin is your man as i believe he has both the 811 and the 221.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

tommyturtle001

malmanfloatssink
I am a proud owner of the medusa and it is a cracking piece of kit for the price, I do agree with gazmalman at 16m its like holding a telegraph pole but from 14.5m and under its a nice light but stiff pole. It is quite thick and the biggest quarm I have with it is that sections 5-9 seem very 'soft', I have not broke one - yet but I think I have tempted fate!!!!!
Dont know much about the daiwa's though

Bit-Basher

martin.

Account Locked
ive got the
Matchwinner S, the 111 & the 221 my fav is 221 when i first got it over a year ago first time out i had a 13-05 carp on it from golf course lake (the one tony turned into a perch) & played & landed it on just top 4.
also the butt sect from my 111 fits the butt of 221 to give me over 16m , with it at 16m i had a 2lb barbel at buttonhole lake take me into reeds & i just lifted the fish out of water & reeds & then put it down in open water to play in & land
ive also used it to drag carp to 7lb+ out of reedbeds.
so it suits me & im very happy with it
also ive used it with the match top 3 for small bits in winter on the drains with no problem

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

scoobs11

the 811 is a good pole . i love mine

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
scoobs whats the butt dimeter like on the 14.5 amd 16m sections? how does it hold up in a side wind?

scoobs11

butt isnt too big and it's ok in wind .

one thing i will say about maver is they seem to grossly exagerate the max laccy on their poles.

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

copey

i bought the antidote over the maver because i think its a better pole for the money having felt both poles at 16 metre s the antidote is far stiffer in my opinion to the medusa.i have had no problems in respect to the antidote being able to handle big fish having landed two heavy double carp, the only thing i dont like is the 4th section is a bit soft but the short section provided is a lot stronger and give s me confidence to use strong elastic s at a cost of a bit of length.

Status
Not open for further replies.