Ended Maver Nanolith power match rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Very interesting to read the above ( both in context of the original post and in the concept of how individuals rate a rods action )
I’ve never tried the Maver or the Tri-Cast rods referred to but I can comment on the Avenger 2000, many of my Angling colleges loved the Normark 2000 range across the board and the Avenger would be a go to rod if dog chub or barbel were likely to be hooked ( or decent tench and carp on Stillwater venues )
Yet
some of the best roach anglers I’ve had the pleasure to fish with and many that I’ve only read about used to rate the Avenger 2000 as perfect big roach rod ( many still do ! )

as with all things fishing I guess is down to personal choice ( and long may that be the case )
You are right about different people seeing rods differently, if I was trotting for big roach with a rod from the 2000 range I think the Titan would be my weapon of choice, I would feel a little overgunned with an Avenger though I am sure it would be fine I just think I would get more pleasure out of the extra finesse that the Titan would give. But that is just me I always tend to fish as light as I feel I can get away with where as other people go the opposite and fish as heavy as they feel they can get away with.
My choice comes after fishing next to a very famous match angler for a day who told me not to fish for fish but to fish for bites and fishing lighter maximises your chances of getting more bites

Paul930

Hopefully I'll have one soon. Ken has one in storage that he is willing to part with, just needs to dig it out and check it over. Fingers crossed.
Cheers Paul, apparently guy was selling for a widow whose husband was a bit of a tackle hoarder. It's going away as a spare in case I ever damage my other. It will probably end up being my widow doing the same one day. Did you manage to get the heavy action one

Paul930

Picked up a brand new medium the other day that came this morning. A very nice bit of kit on first look. Hopefully it will be joined by it's big brother in my holdall soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.