maver mx 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought new maver mx4000 wish i had read reviews first
wheel kit useless once it is on there is know clearance for back legs unless you are on level ground just catches when you wheel it, mud feet are weak as on broke on first outing, front bar on foot plate came loose only seems to be pop riveted on certainly would not cope with riggers of the bankside and being used as a trolly not for long anyway, carnt believe maver havent use the design of the mx 3000 wheel kit as this give an adjustable height was going to swap the box for the 3000 model but having owned a preston box before it was stolen opted for the x6s

Gillbo

Gillberto
I have the MX 3000 and it has been good so far. I do mainly fish venues where you park behind your peg or only have a short walk though so have not used the trolley. You are right the build quality is not excellent but I feel its about as good as everything else for the same money. I am suprised about the footplate as i use mine and it is solid. I only weigh 12st but i stand on it and it doesnt move so suprised to hear you say that.

Next time I think I will just save up for a Rive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillbo

Gillberto
That must be your box on eBay I take it?

Draw Bag

GET IN TOUCH WITH THE SHOP YOU BROUGHT IN FROM AND ASK THEM TO GET YOU SOME NEW WHEEL KIT FITTINGS OR PHONE MAVER AND ASK FOR SOME,I GOT SOME FROM MY SHOP AS SOON AS THEY CAME AVAILABLE.

The Mx4000 does look great and the box its self is a reasonable build quality,having checked out other makes i have found that the frame the box sits on is similar if not identical must be a generic base, looks to me like maver have designed a reasonable box but put it on a off the shelf frame the 3000 model in my opinion is the better buy.My box was returned to the tackle shop and changed for the Preston x6s as i said i had the Preston x3 for many years and experianced no problems and i hope the person who now ownes it (illegaly)gets as much satisfaction as it gave me,just wish they would return my licence wallet as it contained over 30yrs of licences,day tickets,memories ect anyway enough crying new season new goals

Gillbo

Gillberto
Hope you like your new box, must admit it was close betwen the Maver and the X6S an Spacestation TX when i got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.