Maver K27 For Carp?

Simmo

Hi all,

I have a 16m Maver K27 pole which I used for all of my match fishing when I was doing it. All of my fishing was silverfish with the odd decent bream chucked in so nothing too strenuous for the pole. I was wondering if the pole would be OK to use for carp puddles? Are power top 2's available to fit this pole and is the rest of the pole up to the job? Will the power tops make the pole out of balance/too heavy? I'm currently rebuilding my setup and am spending a stack of cash already so if I can avoid having to fork out for a new carp pole then that would be a great help.

Thanks very much.

Dave.

Stanley

I’m sure the K27 was rated to 16+ with the carp/power kits. Rates to 10+ with the match kits. I would say it’s more than up to the task if you look to use some of the newer types of elastics from Matrix or Preston Innovations. I bet you could also remove the no.1 on the match kits and use something slightly stronger.

Simmo

I’m sure the K27 was rated to 16+ with the carp/power kits. Rates to 10+ with the match kits. I would say it’s more than up to the task if you look to use some of the newer types of elastics from Matrix or Preston Innovations. I bet you could also remove the no.1 on the match kits and use something slightly stronger.
That would probably solve all of my problems 👍🏼 I'll do a bit of asking around. I'll also check with @banksy to see if there are only certain waters which might cause me a splintered pole section 😁