Maver Invincible X Pole

johnfranks

Site Supporter
Well I decided to buy the above pole for the coming summer months as back up for my 921. Don't get me wrong the 921 is strong , I had 2 carp out for over 30lbs in the winter but summer fishing is different. The carp are on steroids and where I fish I need something stronger , that wouldn't make me cry if I broke a section. Where I fish the Carp are up to 20lbs plus, even the Bream go over 15lbs.

Anyway the pole, it's 13 metres cost me £500, it comes with 2 commercial power kits, half extension and a cupping kit which are the same as my 921. All sections are interchangeable so I can use my short 4s etc. Also included is a holdall again the same as my 921. Black Suncore Finish, Cups and foam clean caps. Not bad for the money.

Took it out today and decided to fish a corner I know, has plenty of carp but a lily pad straight in front of me. This will test it I thought so set some rigs up on 2 kits both with purple 18 - 20 hybrid in.
First put in I had a carp about 8lbs. Next one shed the hook snd then one decided to go straight through the lilles, manage to coax it out and was about 10lbs. Finished with 9 carp up to 10lbs, 3 Bream a Tench and a Roach. Not bad for 3hours.

So if you are on the lookout for a 13mtr power tube, have a look. It's not the lightest but it's bloody strong, pretty stiff and easily fishable. It can't compare to my 921 as its a totally different animal and cost 6 times less but is certainly not 6 times worse.

Every now and then Maver bring out a pole at a low price point that punches above its weight. Think Definition, Respect and original Invincible. This is one of those poles.

J29

Well I decided to buy the above pole for the coming summer months as back up for my 921. Don't get me wrong the 921 is strong , I had 2 carp out for over 30lbs in the winter but summer fishing is different. The carp are on steroids and where I fish I need something stronger , that wouldn't make me cry if I broke a section. Where I fish the Carp are up to 20lbs plus, even the Bream go over 15lbs.

Anyway the pole, it's 13 metres cost me £500, it comes with 2 commercial power kits, half extension and a cupping kit which are the same as my 921. All sections are interchangeable so I can use my short 4s etc. Also included is a holdall again the same as my 921. Black Suncore Finish, Cups and foam clean caps. Not bad for the money.

Took it out today and decided to fish a corner I know, has plenty of carp but a lily pad straight in front of me. This will test it I thought so set some rigs up on 2 kits both with purple 18 - 20 hybrid in.
First put in I had a carp about 8lbs. Next one shed the hook snd then one decided to go straight through the lilles, manage to coax it out and was about 10lbs. Finished with 9 carp up to 10lbs, 3 Bream a Tench and a Roach. Not bad for 3hours.

So if you are on the lookout for a 13mtr power tube, have a look. It's not the lightest but it's bloody strong, pretty stiff and easily fishable. It can't compare to my 921 as its a totally different animal and cost 6 times less but is certainly not 6 times worse.

Every now and then Maver bring out a pole at a low price point that punches above its weight. Think Definition, Respect and original Invincible. This is one of those poles.
Hi johnfranks, l am new to the forum, having just joined today, l have, the maver respect 13mtr pole and have had it 4 years now and still as the day bought it

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter

Can't beat having a backpole. sounds perfect for summer.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter

I had The signature 1000 margin, heavy as hell, but could stop a train.