Maver clean cap is stuck in my top kit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Ive tried everything from a hook on a line trying to drag it out to a pair of forceps. What do I do???
I only got the clean cap on friday with the top kit and it's stuck inside now! The top kits not even elasticated, I was just trying it out. Its definately the right size because the tackle shop man reccomended it when he saw how worn down my third section was!
Has anybody else had this trouble and if so how did you deal with it? Thanks
Joe

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Worth Trying hot water?

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Any end mate hot water will make it soft and make it easy for you to remove it! Never tried it my self has I have never had that problem. But Any idea is worth a try!
Good luck.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

hoppy

hoppy
Touche...I did axactly the same thing on thursday, I should have put a bit o glue on before even trying, anyway managed to remove with foreceps, but joe, you must have pushed it further up the section not to be able to reach it, as forceps are able to reach, anyway my suggestion is, as the caps have already a little hole in the cap(about 3/8in dia) get a rod, bolt, or screw long enough to reach the cap and turn clockwise, just like those bung extractors and pull it out. Hope you manage...hoppy

"Take your time, but hurry up"

joe1987

'Darwener'
I tried the hot water mate. No good. Thanks for the idea though.
I can touch it with forceps but I have a very thin section so they dont open!
Will try the screw idea, cheers mate.

*)*Joey*(*

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Try using a bit of wooden dowel with a drop of superglue on the end Joe. Put the dowel up the section and hold it until the glue gets a grip on the cap then pull it back out

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

joe1987

'Darwener'
After 2 hourse I eventually got it out. Had 2 get a screw about 10inch long! Cheers everyone, dont think i'll be using that in the future!

*)*Joey*(*

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Joe,

When you use the clean cap, put a dab of superglue on opposite sides of the part that fits into the inner joint of the pole. This will stop it coming free in the other section in furture but you will still be able to take it out if it wears down.
Another tip is make sure that the smaller ones have a hole drilled through them otherwise you might build up pressure in you top sections which could loosen them at the wrong moment [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

joe1987

'Darwener'
this one didnt have a hole in but it does now! I thought it wouldn't be as good with a hole in? Eh well guess I'll nput it back in then. Superglue it is. Thanks again everyone.

*)*Joey*(*

Status
Not open for further replies.