Matt Hayes 'instructional' video @ Furnace Mill

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was just searching for videos of a fishery I fish quite a bit in the winter months, Furnace Mill. It's a fishery endorsed by Matt Hayes and so I was hoping to find a video of him fishing there. I clicked a link and found this and was pleased to see it was at the place in question.

Watching it, he runs through the basics of float fishing so it's a good video for any beginners, might be a bit obvious in places for anyone already into their fishing, but also a nice look at the fishery too, as I'm always on the look out for videos at places I fish.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice one @ukzero1 (y)

I'd love for one of the tackle companies to do a video there as I fish it quite a bit, it would probably show a different way of fishing it compared to the ramshackle way I normally fish it, normally in winter.

piscatorial

I like Furnace Mill, nice fishery.
Sometimes the Cray Fish could be a problem but not too bad the last few times I've fished it.
And the cafe is much better now its been increased in size.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Now you mention it I have had a few Crayfish fishing there but only the odd one. Glad someone else likes it there!

It's quite a small place and tightly pegged but in winter I have it to myself and always have the chance of catching a specimen Perch, Bream or Roach there, so far my biggest Bream out of there is just under 6lb and Perch 2lb something though apparently they do run bigger and the Carp still feed there on the coldest of days. I generally fish Willow Pool in winter though I keep meaning to try Mucky Meadow as I've not fished that yet.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I was just searching for videos of a fishery I fish quite a bit in the winter months, Furnace Mill. It's a fishery endorsed by Matt Hayes and so I was hoping to find a video of him fishing there. I clicked a link and found this and was pleased to see it was at the place in question.

Watching it, he runs through the basics of float fishing so it's a good video for any beginners, might be a bit obvious in places for anyone already into their fishing, but also a nice look at the fishery too, as I'm always on the look out for videos at places I fish.
This is great for a returning/novice Angler. Some really great tips.
Thanks for sharing Zerkalo 👍