Matrix s36 v Absolute 36

Stiff Pole

It's soon time to get rid of my old Fox Stax box.
I've been looking at either the Preston Absolute 36 or the Matrix S36. I've not seen either of them close up in the flesh yet, so was just after some opinions of either them from anyone who has them?
The Absolute gives the impression of better build quality and perhaps a little more time gone into the R&D, but could just be clever marketing.

Budget is ideally around 500 but don't mind a little more if it's worth it.
Ive seen the S36 for around 420 and the A36 for 575. Is the A36 worth the extra 150?

frankg

Site Supporter
It's soon time to get rid of my old Fox Stax box.
I've been looking at either the Preston Absolute 36 or the Matrix S36. I've not seen either of them close up in the flesh yet, so was just after some opinions of either them from anyone who has them?
The Absolute gives the impression of better build quality and perhaps a little more time gone into the R&D, but could just be clever marketing.

Budget is ideally around 500 but don't mind a little more if it's worth it.
Ive seen the S36 for around 420 and the A36 for 575. Is the A36 worth the extra 150?

Still got a Fox Stax box myself :) ....and a Matrix S36....and waiting for a Matrix P25 to arrive :D

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I’ve got the S36 & it’s a great box for the money. I can’t see what the A36 could offer to justify the extra money

Whisker

Site Supporter
The S36 is a great box, solid as a rock. Only downside is the weight, so unless the A36 is half the weight of the S36, I’d save the extra cash.

Stiff Pole

Looks like the S36 is pretty popular. Theres nothing in it weight wise - S36 is 18.5kg and the A36 is 18.7 Kg. The S36 would give me a bit of spending money for a few accessories too.

16m-andbadback

A little off topic but i have the inception sl30 if your looking for a light stable seatbox @11kg and a whole lot cheaper :)

Stiff Pole

A little off topic but i have the inception sl30 if your looking for a light stable seatbox @11kg and a whole lot cheaper :)

That is light! Would be interesting to have a look at in the shop to see what storage is like in comparison. Theres a new Angling Direct opening near me in 2 weeks so hopefully they will have a decent range in stock.

16m-andbadback

That is light! Would be interesting to have a look at in the shop to see what storage is like in comparison. Theres a new Angling Direct opening near me in 2 weeks so hopefully they will have a decent range in stock.
I just bought a shallow tray for my rigs good to go now :)

Marker50

Site Supporter
I sold ab36 white.
And re started with s36 i prefer s36 not a lot in it.
But i find myself the seat on s36 suits me better