Matrix S25 seatbox issue.

paulod

Site Supporter
Hi all. I’ve bought one of the above and am having trouble with it. The drawer units have a plastic plate attached to the edges of each side of the base and these slide onto the frame. The plates are grooved to fit onto ‘male’ sections. I’m having a terrible time trying to get the plates to slide onto the frame. In fact, I’ve given up and just balance the drawers within the frame. Obviously, they’ll one day slip out! Has anyone got one of these boxes and knows if there’s a knack to it? I’m seriously thinking of resurrecting my old Preston box. ???

crackatoa

Account Locked
I have the S36. The track has a lock on the RH side. You have to push that to get the cassette in and out.
I think the S25 Superbox is the same

feldri

Site Supporter
My S25 superbox has a button/lever on the left hand side as you're sat on it. The trays will not go in or out unless that button/lever is pressed. Once you've started to slide the tray in, let go of the button/lever and push the tray all the way. You'll hear a click as the latch springs in to position to lock the trays.

paulod

Site Supporter
My S25 superbox has a button/lever on the left hand side as you're sat on it. The trays will not go in or out unless that button/lever is pressed. Once you've started to slide the tray in, let go of the button/lever and push the tray all the way. You'll hear a click as the latch springs in to position to lock the trays.
Thanks lads. I thought the lever thingy was something along those lines. However....I still can’t get the cassettes in!! Maybe it’s cack handed me. Much obliged for the advice, though ????

feldri

Site Supporter
Are the plates fastened to the trays the right way? You have to do an Arkwright sometimes and j j j j jiggle it a bit. :)
When I took my trays out the first time to put winders in I struggled like hell to get them back in. The slope at the front of the frame can throw you off target. I took the seat and other trays off the frame and tilted it backwards so I could see how to align the cassette. After that it became quite simple. Keep at it mate and you'll succeed. It's a fantastic box.