MATRIX OR PRESTON

DAF 3600

Been on Mavers website for info on the signature venue seatbox, the one that packs away into a bag, asked about the weight etc, only to be told it's discontinued, and none in stock. So now i'm undecided on what box to get, fancy two, either the preston sl30 or the matrix f25. Don't carry a lot of gear but as i'm getting on in years need it to be as light as possible. Not a fan of front draws and only need one deep side draw. So the big question anybody out there with either box can tell me the weight of the matrix, i know the preston weighs 11.5 of the new thingys which i think is about 25LBS or 2 and a half house bricks. Thanks for any replies.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've been looking for a venue seatbox myself mate. However, I need to sell my Preston Onbox & trolley first.
Found a couple here

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m disabled and can’t carry much, even on a trolley. I’ve got an Octoplus box which I bought second hand on eBay. Mine is the very simple one where you can store the legs under the base. They weigh nothing and are really sturdy. May not be what you’re after but worth a look ?

Last edited:

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
4 of those Maver Sig' on eBay. Have a look at Octbox D25 compact (no footplate) Drawers extra (all side ones)

Paul22

I’m disabled and can’t carry much, even on a trolley. I’ve got an Octoplus box which I bought second hand on eBay. Mine is the very simple one where you can store the legs under the base. They weigh nothing and are really sturdy. May not be what you’re after but worth a look ?

One of the lads in our club uses one of these and lives it....... it fits in the car easily too as it’s not too big ?

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Been on Mavers website for info on the signature venue seatbox, the one that packs away into a bag, asked about the weight etc, only to be told it's discontinued, and none in stock. So now i'm undecided on what box to get, fancy two, either the preston sl30 or the matrix f25. Don't carry a lot of gear but as i'm getting on in years need it to be as light as possible. Not a fan of front draws and only need one deep side draw. So the big question anybody out there with either box can tell me the weight of the matrix, i know the preston weighs 11.5 of the new thingys which i think is about 25LBS or 2 and a half house bricks. Thanks for any replies.
Ive got the Matrix f25 cant fault it, i only pleasure fish so dont take loads of gear, you should be able to find out the weight if you google Matrix f25 specifications. I dropped on a brand new Matrix trolley on ebay for £40 which makes life a lot easier so cant really comment on weight, but the quality is excellent IMO. (y)

sjmclean

I've got the MAP H30 lite and spent months researching it, much better than Preston box. Matrix was close.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
do you need a footplate? If not you might be better off looking at different options as the footplates generally add quite a bit of weight to the box, i have the matrix p25 for the past 18 months and its a great box, lightweight compared to many boxes with a footplate but the f25 would suit you better as you don't like front drawers and you get a deep base unit on the f25

jasonb

Account Locked

lucc

preston or matrix...?????
get the rive classic, cheaper, lighter (9kg) and tougher (and with a nice color):

nejohn

Site Supporter
I looked long and hard for a light well put together box I discounted all of the usual suspects as either being to heavy or not particularly well put together, with lots using easily broken plastic or wafer thin alluminium. in the end I settled on a matchbox SX4 as it was significantly lighter than anything with comparable storage space was very stable even with a fairly small footprint and was generally well put together and made from quality materials and an added bonus was it was quite a bit cheaper than the competition, had mine around 3 years now, I use it in various combinations for all of my fishing and it still looks and feels just like it did the day I got it