Matrix MTX3

Chitterlings & Hodge

Hi All

I am considering purchasing the Matrix MTX3 Ultra 16m pole package. As I already have a MTX 1 (which I'm happy with) the interchangeability would be a bonus, hence only looking at the MTX3.

I was just just doing some digging and wandered if anyone uses the MTX3 and what they think of it, would they recommend it etc.

The pole will be only used for pleasure fishing not match fishing, but it is the accuracy that I like and looking for some extra reach.

Unfortunately living down here in the far South West of Cornwall I don't have access to a pole alley, the closest one (3 - 4 hours away) used to be in Exeter (Exeter Angling) which has now unfortunately closed down, I'm guessing the next closest would be Bristol.

As with most poles it is a considered purchase so doing all the research I can before taking the leap.

The model I'm looking at is the MTX3 Ultra (as below) and not the V2.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Ian

FishingNewbie

Discussed frequently - even 3 days ago. https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/another-new-pole.246633/
In short, the MTX3 is the best MTX1 compatible pole you can get at the current price of the MTX3 (£925 and angling direct claim to price match). There'll always be better poles if you wait/pay more. People were selling second hand ones at that price only 3 months ago!
I've never used the £925 company... Matrix MTX3 Ultra 16M Pole Package – Tackle Tavern but the shop's at Bicester

Last edited:

Chitterlings & Hodge

Discussed frequently - even 3 days ago. https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/another-new-pole.246633/
In short, the MTX3 is the best MTX1 compatible pole you can get at the current price of the MTX3 (£925 and angling direct claim to price match). There'll always be better poles if you wait/pay more. People were selling second hand ones at that price only 3 months ago!
I've never used the £925 company... Matrix MTX3 Ultra 16M Pole Package – Tackle Tavern but the shop's at Bicester
Missed that one

Retro

Had my MTX3 about a month now (Paid 1k)
Only used a few times with no issues so can't really comment long term BUT i did a lot of research and spoke with people that have owned one for a few years before i bought (ruled out a lot of others !!)
Only concern i did have that was elastic rating in power kits was rated to only 18 ....but i've had a few lumps down edge with red hydro without any issues.
I'll probably get a short 3 or maybe even a margin pole for spares / extra top kits.

Griffo

Site Supporter
I have had my MTX3 for 2 seasons now, (bought 6 month old for a daft price from a mate) at first I was a bit worried that it perhaps felt a bit soft but I fitted pole cones in it and that's been the end of any fear I have about that. Yes I broke a top kit No 2, it wasn't a power top 2 and I had an 8 pound carp bouncing around and I grabbed the No2 way too far up past the reinforced area, £7 carbon wrap at local tackle shop soon sorted that. I have to say it's a good pole, I also have the 8.9 mtr MTX margin pole as the top kits and sections are all compatible. I have heard a few stories about breaking sections for no reason, but honestly that's not my experience so far, and I'm a bit ham fisted but treat it with respect not letting it get dinked.