matrix mtx3 16mt pole

Fishfinderuk

managed to buy a mxt3 pole from matrix used it yesterday first time
I could not believe how stiff it was and light at 13mts great pole.
Glad you like it,they are stiff and light,verygood for and a decent price. I never used mine as I had no confidence in the no3s,I sent it back,but that was just me.great pole for a great price.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
I love my MTX 3, it has been a fabulous addition to my armory. I have yet to use it in anger anywhere over 13m, but on our club snale lake at 13m it has tamed some real beasts up to 10lb using 16-18 hybrid elastic in the power kits plus stacks of silvers on the 2 + 2 line using 6-8 elastic in a match kit. Only problem I have had, is I somehow managed to drop the no.5 section on the only stone in the grass within 10 yards and now have to do a carbon wrap repair on a small puncture. Spares have been a little hit or miss, but plenty are coming back into the country now, including the short top kits. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I do.

Fishfinderuk

I love my MTX 3, it has been a fabulous addition to my armory. I have yet to use it in anger anywhere over 13m, but on our club snale lake at 13m it has tamed some real beasts up to 10lb using 16-18 hybrid elastic in the power kits plus stacks of silvers on the 2 + 2 line using 6-8 elastic in a match kit. Only problem I have had, is I somehow managed to drop the no.5 section on the only stone in the grass within 10 yards and now have to do a carbon wrap repair on a small puncture. Spares have been a little hit or miss, but plenty are coming back into the country now, including the short top kits. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I do.
Verygood pole,I'm just heavy handed it i just had that feeling I'd crush the no3.i went for the tricast perception after the mtx3,purely on strength and confidence,but the mtx3 was stiffer and lighter.
Leigh tackle are very good on matrix stock if you are looking for short 4s,topkits.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Verygood pole,I'm just heavy handed it i just had that feeling I'd crush the no3.i went for the tricast perception after the mtx3,purely on strength and confidence,but the mtx3 was stiffer and lighter.
Leigh tackle are very good on matrix stock if you are looking for short 4s,topkits.
Yes the pole is lightweight however so far, besides dropping it, my hamfistedness had not managed to crush any sections. I’ve bought a grey power kit and short 3 from North Notts Angling and only yesterday spoke to Leigh tackle about the MTX margin pole, which is fully compatible with the mtx3, however no stock currently. Bristol angling had one so may, dip into my wallet now it’s pay day ;)

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Yes the pole is lightweight however so far, besides dropping it, my hamfistedness had not managed to crush any sections. I’ve bought a grey power kit and short 3 from North Notts Angling and only yesterday spoke to Leigh tackle about the MTX margin pole, which is fully compatible with the mtx3, however no stock currently. Bristol angling had one so may, dip into my wallet now it’s pay day ;)
I've got the Mtx 11m margin pole in combination with my Mtx3. Fantastic bit of kit quite often use it instead of its more expensive bigger brother when I know there's a chance of a big lumps. Excellent at the full 11m

Fishfinderuk

I've got the Mtx 11m margin pole in combination with my Mtx3. Fantastic bit of kit quite often use it instead of its more expensive bigger brother when I know there's a chance of a big lumps. Excellent at the full 11m
Absolutely no point in risking damage to the mtx3.i thought with mtx3 was very light,stiff,but well strength was a issue for me personally.great pole for a great price.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
I went ahead and bought the MTX margin pole from Bristol Angling, more as spares for sections down to the 6 section for the MTX 3. However with 3 power 2 top kits included, that I will spray matt white, I think it will get plenty of outings on our local club snake lake that has some lumps in it up to 14lb that I know of. Looking forward to getting it out on the bank in the next week or so and leaving the MTX 3 for lighter work ;-)

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
tought the grey top kits were 12 laccy?i asked about grey power kits today..said they dont do a power kit in grey

Paul.P

Not true actually, both poles are very similar, & excellent in there price range, but the tricast is actually a tad lighter, although you'd never notice the few grams difference.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
tought the grey top kits were 12 laccy?i asked about grey power kits today..said they dont do a power kit in grey.

Here us the grey top 2 power kit I bought up to 18 laccy
The short kits in grey is up to 12 Laccy.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Be interested to hear what its like at 14.5m and 16m.
I've only had the MTX3 set up with the last 2 sections in the garden and not fished with them as yet seeing as our club snake lake is only 13m wide in the swims I fish. However wafting it around the flowerbeds it felt manageable at 16m as it was still lighter than my old Drennan Carp 12.5m pole and at 14.5m felt as though I could cope with fishing for long periods without having to use my bump bar. One I get out on the river I intend to give it a proper work out and will let you know how I get on.

tysontim

Site Supporter
Cheers mate am considering a new pole myself and have been looking at the MTX3 sounds ok on paper just wanted to hear it from someone who has one.👍

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
Cheers mate am considering a new pole myself and have been looking at the MTX3 sounds ok on paper just wanted to hear it from someone who has one.👍
I chose the Mtx3 if I hadn’t of got that then a Daiwa G90 was my other preferred choice

tysontim

Site Supporter
I currently have a Map 801 with 14 top kits that does everything I want but like me it’s getting old so considering looking at a change.

markyboy

I have had my MTX3 for 16 months now, no issues with it so far, nice and stiff at 14,5m and manageable for the whole day. No issues with the strength of it so far, have had plenty of doubles up to 15lb using 14-16 and 16-18 laccy in the power kits. Cant compare it to anything else as the last pole I had was a Garbolino Rennaissance 20 odd years ago!!!

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
I have had my MTX3 for 16 months now, no issues with it so far, nice and stiff at 14,5m and manageable for the whole day. No issues with the strength of it so far, have had plenty of doubles up to 15lb using 14-16 and 16-18 laccy in the power kits. Cant compare it to anything else as the last pole I had was a Garbolino Rennaissance 20 odd years ago!!!
I had a Garbolino Renaissance lovely pole upto about 12m. For me just about manageable at 14.5m for an hour or so. 16m not a hope. Still got it in the shed. How technology has changed. Not that I do but I’m sure I could fish the Mtx3 all day at 16m