Matrix MTX 3

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Forum member Nicky Dodds has had a Matrix Nemesis for a while. Hopefully he will see your post and give you the pro’s and cons.

markyboy

So far so good with mine, had it 12 months, not used it in anger at 16m but works well at 14.5m, had carp up to 14lb using slik 14-16 in the power tops. Not had anything like a decent pole since I packed up fishing 25yrs ago and sold my Garbolino Rennaissence so can't give pros/cons against competition but certainly happy with mine.

Robbie888

So far so good with mine, had it 12 months, not used it in anger at 16m but works well at 14.5m, had carp up to 14lb using slik 14-16 in the power tops. Not had anything like a decent pole since I packed up fishing 25yrs ago and sold my Garbolino Rennaissence so can't give pros/cons against competition but certainly happy with mine.
thanks Mark have you used it at all at 16m?
thats where my current pole lets me down its great at 13m and just about usable at 14.5m but if you put the 16m section on its all over the shop.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
One thing I would say is that you seem to get a great spares package with it for the money.

Nicky Dodds

This bloke did an unbiased review & included the MTX 3.

I can't imagine Alan Taylor ever being on the bank fishing with the MTX3 so his views will largely have come via feedback and their pole alley. One of my team mates bought one and wasn't that impressed after a couple of months ownership but he had crossed over from a flagship garbolino pole. Most of the rest of our squad are still using the nemesis. I bought a MTX3 No3 section (No4 in old money) as a spare section for my nemesis and it feels ok. However I've recently repaired a No4 section and the wall strength was very soft in my opinion.

Robbie888

I can't imagine Alan Taylor ever being on the bank fishing with the MTX3 so his views will largely have come via feedback and their pole alley. One of my team mates bought one and wasn't that impressed after a couple of months ownership but he had crossed over from a flagship garbolino pole. Most of the rest of our squad are still using the nemesis. I bought a MTX3 No3 section (No4 in old money) as a spare section for my nemesis and it feels ok. However I've recently repaired a No4 section and the wall strength was very soft in my opinion.
would you purchase the MTX 3 or look an another?

Nicky Dodds

I've not fished with one, only waggled one at bobco when I bought my nemesis and that was unelasticated and at 13m. It felt good for the money but I didn't examine it in great detail as my choice was between the MTX4 and the nemesis. It would be wrong for me to recommend either way. Plus you can't buy a pole without actually handling one in the flesh.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I've not fished with one, only waggled one at bobco when I bought my nemesis and that was unelasticated and at 13m. It felt good for the money but I didn't examine it in great detail as my choice was between the MTX4 and the nemesis. It would be wrong for me to recommend either way. Plus you can't buy a pole without actually handling one in the flesh.
How come you went for the Nemesis over the MT X 4 ??

Nicky Dodds

How come you went for the Nemesis over the MT X 4 ??
I thought it felt stronger than the MTX4. Plus I'd had a go on the bank with a mates nemesis and it was proven. The 4 felt slightly lighter but no stiffer. At 13m the 3 and 4 seemed to have more droop at the top kit where the nemesis was like an arrow. In hindsight the nemesis may have had a match kit on but that was part of the attraction as it was a 'more match' package as they were selling them off.

Leeob77

Ive just got one.
The original shortlist was mtx3, map 501 3g and tricast perception xn.
All good poles, the mtx felt the best combination of performance, package, spares availability / cost, and overall value.

Im told there is a price increase on the way too. Not surprised tbh. Almost too cheap. Top kits alone are worth £560. Paid £1200 for mine and think its a great price point.

Robbie888

Ive just got one.
All good poles, the mtx felt the best combination of performance, package, spares availability / cost, and overall value.

Im told there is a price increase on the way too. Not surprised tbh. Almost too cheap. Top kits alone are worth £560. Paid £1200 for mine and think its a great price point.
Have you used it yet?

Tom W

Ive just got one.

I'm interested in this thread and particularly by this comment as these are the exact 3 poles I have been considering too. I have held the MAP and the Matrix (albeit at 13m not elasticated) and to be honest couldn't see a difference with my untrained eye. Not had a chance to see a Tricast in person though. I am also thinking of the Matrix too as it does seem to offer the best package.

Has there been official talk of a price increase or was that a rumour?

Robbie888

Yes.
First time yesterday. 13m all day long.
Also tried at 14.5 and equally as good. Very little difference.
I doubt ill ever use the 16m section.
If i was needing to go that far regularly id have saved up for the mtx4
That’s what I’m trying to decide should I wait abit longer and and get a tourney pro or MTX 4

Leeob77

That’s what I’m trying to decide should I wait abit longer and and get a tourney pro or MTX 4
Pretty much all my fishing is snake lakes, commercials etc so 13 to 14m max.
If you regularly fish open waters and regularly need 16m for long periods of time then go for the mtx4 or another flagship pole imo. This price range of poles are fishable at 16m but tbh 14.5m is where they are best. The mtx 3 was better at 14.5 than the mtx 2 so thats why i went for it. £3k pole is lost on me. £1200 i can just about justify.

Kingcarp8888

Site Supporter
I am looking at purchasing a Matrix MTX 3, are they any good?
Ive got the mtx4 in my opinion they are a awesome pole you will sit there all day at 13mtr and also 14.5 used it a hand full of times at 16m and still very easily held ive caught everything on this pole from 0z fish to high doubles every time easily capable of handling anything in any situation including mud munchers down the edge dont get me wrong you still have to keep things balanced however ive never been concerned about the poles abilty