Matrix MTX 3 or Daiwa G90

geofflukins

Help me out guys. I’m looking at either of the above poles. I’m the wrong side of 65 and normally fish at around 13m on the venues we have club matches on. Sometimes could be 14.5m but not that often. I want the pole to be light and well balanced at these lengths. In the past I have bought poles around these prices only to be disappointed with the weight and balance. The Matrix seems to have a lot going for it with the amount of top kits that comes with it that sometimes you look at it and wonder if it is too good to be true at that price point. The Daiwa has a well tested reputation to back it up which is something the Matrix doesnt have. So anyone of the more senior years, if I may put it like that that has either of these poles I would certainly appreciate your feedback. Even if your not in your senior years I would still appreciate your comments. Thanks

dombrennan95

I’ve got the g90 and I really like it I’ve only fished to 13m and it was a breeze to use I’ve not used the mtx3 but I was a bit wary about spares with the matrix

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Help me out guys. I’m looking at either of the above poles. I’m the wrong side of 65 and normally fish at around 13m on the venues we have club matches on. Sometimes could be 14.5m but not that often. I want the pole to be light and well balanced at these lengths. In the past I have bought poles around these prices only to be disappointed with the weight and balance. The Matrix seems to have a lot going for it with the amount of top kits that comes with it that sometimes you look at it and wonder if it is too good to be true at that price point. The Daiwa has a well tested reputation to back it up which is something the Matrix doesnt have. So anyone of the more senior years, if I may put it like that that has either of these poles I would certainly appreciate your feedback. Even if your not in your senior years I would still appreciate your comments. Thanks
I would really go for a waggle in one of the tackle shops most people will say daiwa but there are many poles good at 13m go check them out for your own choice

Paul.P

Poles in this price bracket are all fine at 11-13m, its when you go longer that the flagship poles really come into there own, having been to a pole alley & looked at a lot of poles I was surprised how good the sensas poles were up to 13m & also how bad they were over that, due to the fact there designed for the continent at 13m. Also, another point I would consider before making my mind up is what the pole is going to be used for ?, no good buying a flimsy thing if your gonna be latching into double figure carp every week & vice versa.

dubdog

Would go for a flag ship pole if you can afford it. Made the mistake of buying a mid range pole. Only to be disappointed and then buying a top end pole. So wasted money in the long run.