Matrix aquos 4m power landing net handle

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Does Anyone have or use one of these? They’re significantly cheaper than the horizon or acolyte handles so i guess they are heavier, but by how much and does that make them difficult to use at 4m? I’m after a new handle, ideally one with 2 threads that can be used at around 3m as well as its full length. I’d rather not pay £130 but if the more expensive handles are that much better than the cheaper ones, then so be it. Unsurprisingly, my local shops aren’t carrying stock at the moment so i’ll have to order online, hence the request for info. The use would be commercial-style ponds, with fish up to around 15lb

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
thanks for that. May consider the 3m one instead as I'd probably use it at that length almost exclusively.

tysontim

Site Supporter
Can’t comment on the Matrix one but can vouch for the Drennan Acolyte 4m one, it’s worth every penny mate.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
My mate's just got a Maver 3m job at £39 and is made up with it. I believe the new Preston Monster ones are great for the price as well.......sub £50

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Thanks for the replies. Have purchased a garbolino 3m for under £50 on the basis of that being the optimum length for me. Looked at the acolyte - lovely and slim but i’d probably only use it at 2 sections anyway and for £130, i think it’s a bit pricey. Probably end up buying one in 6 months time anyway😁

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
You could have got a 3 metre acolyte handle,
I like others on here have the 4 metre, its strong and light.
So if you have paid £50 for a Garbolino then thinking of getting acolyte in 6 months, that's £180 on handles .

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I have both the 3M Matrix and the Acolyte, the ultra is brilliant for big fish but with that you are compensating in weight , it’s very stiff and strong . Acolyte 4m is a completely different handle slim light and twice the price , I wouldn’t use the Acolyte for Carp maybe fish up to 4/5lb .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have had carp to 12lb+ on the 4 metre acolyte, that was when I was catching tench and bream. , If I was doing it regularly I would take the first threaded section off to make it a stronger handle.

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
You could have got a 3 metre acolyte handle,
I like others on here have the 4 metre, its strong and light.
So if you have paid £50 for a Garbolino then thinking of getting acolyte in 6 months, that's £180 on handles .
I was being a bit tongue in cheek with the comment about getting the 4m acolyte handle. I'm confident the garbolino handle will serve my needs fine, I'm just always aware that it's not always good financial sense to buy something just because it's cheaper, as it may not do the job you want.