Matrix 6-8 slik elastic

pies

Site Supporter
So i decided to change my elastic from hollow to silk, i was never fully happy with hollow as could never get it set right and i had a couple perish quick I seen and heard great reviews about the silk range so decided to try it myself.

I kitted out a standard top two with elastic just returning And used the guru dacron, i chose the guru one as the bead is relavively small and the dacron thickish.

Yesterday i had a club match, silvers only, I lubricated the laccy as per Jamie Hughes.if its good enough for him its good enough for me. I had skimmers from 3oz up to 12oz and the elastic had no problem, it wasn't too powerful on the strike at all. Its a bit weird to say the seems a delayed reaction before the elastic powers up,but when it does its not sudden. I had seven carp on during the day as it was noticable that as the elastic dosent power up straight away the carp never bolted off, so little did they move i was unsure if it was a better skimmer for a while. If i was targeting carp only i would probably pick the next size up, but the 6-8 controlled every one,once i had stripped a bit through the puller. The elastic never drooped or stuck all day and could will be my winter pick for a mixed bag in open water,unless Im on more carp then i could move up to next grade, I will be pleasure fishing this weekend if covid allows so will hopefully put the 8-10 through its paces.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
6-8 orange is my winter/silver laccy, love the green and then the red, love slik and used it for ages. replace my summer margin heavy laccy with the 6-8 orange for the winter, got a spring league coming up and cant wait!

pies

Site Supporter
Had another day out with the orange. I was silvers only so had a gama green on for a hook. So i pulled like **** on the carp and the laccy just absorbed the pressure. I was stunned that the gama green hook never straightened. It was getting some grief from me. Great laccy for a slow winters carp fishing and smaller skimmers. If the skimmers were averaging 11/2lb id probably use the next grade up

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Matrix added a new 3 to 5 slik which is 0.9mm diameter perfect for winter silvers with the odd bonus fish.

baggy

Mark Saunders
6-8 is my go to winter skimmer elastic for a few years, it’s superb. I also use the 4-6 but set very pingy that’s fan for roach and small skimmers.

i don’t think I would use the lighter 3-5 as it will be difficult to set the hook. The 4-6 is like using a 2 or 3 Preston slip