Matrix 6-8 slik elastic

pies

Site Supporter
So i decided to change my elastic from hollow to silk, i was never fully happy with hollow as could never get it set right and i had a couple perish quick I seen and heard great reviews about the silk range so decided to try it myself.

I kitted out a standard top two with elastic just returning And used the guru dacron, i chose the guru one as the bead is relavively small and the dacron thickish.

Yesterday i had a club match, silvers only, I lubricated the laccy as per Jamie Hughes.if its good enough for him its good enough for me. I had skimmers from 3oz up to 12oz and the elastic had no problem, it wasn't too powerful on the strike at all. Its a bit weird to say the seems a delayed reaction before the elastic powers up,but when it does its not sudden. I had seven carp on during the day as it was noticable that as the elastic dosent power up straight away the carp never bolted off, so little did they move i was unsure if it was a better skimmer for a while. If i was targeting carp only i would probably pick the next size up, but the 6-8 controlled every one,once i had stripped a bit through the puller. The elastic never drooped or stuck all day and could will be my winter pick for a mixed bag in open water,unless Im on more carp then i could move up to next grade, I will be pleasure fishing this weekend if covid allows so will hopefully put the 8-10 through its paces.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
6-8 orange is my winter/silver laccy, love the green and then the red, love slik and used it for ages. replace my summer margin heavy laccy with the 6-8 orange for the winter, got a spring league coming up and cant wait!

pies

Site Supporter
Had another day out with the orange. I was silvers only so had a gama green on for a hook. So i pulled like **** on the carp and the laccy just absorbed the pressure. I was stunned that the gama green hook never straightened. It was getting some grief from me. Great laccy for a slow winters carp fishing and smaller skimmers. If the skimmers were averaging 11/2lb id probably use the next grade up

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Matrix added a new 3 to 5 slik which is 0.9mm diameter perfect for winter silvers with the odd bonus fish.

baggy

Mark Saunders
6-8 is my go to winter skimmer elastic for a few years, it’s superb. I also use the 4-6 but set very pingy that’s fan for roach and small skimmers.

i don’t think I would use the lighter 3-5 as it will be difficult to set the hook. The 4-6 is like using a 2 or 3 Preston slip

pies

Site Supporter
Used the green slip yesterday thats 8-10 i think. Handled carp to 2-3lb yesterday no probs came in quick and were easily subdued. Also stretched a bit on 2-3oz roach and small skimmers. Nice laccy for this time before the carp wake up

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Interesting. I've got one of my match kits with 6-8 in it but I haven't hit anything big with it yet. Been wondering how it will cope.
I've put Duraslip 13 & 15 in my power kits but not used it yet.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've got Slick on several of my top kits. The orange and the next on up a red-is colour. The yellow is amazing for clear water carp of all size. At the lowest end I fine the Drennan Aqua great FOR BIG ROACH (carp to 8lb) and my favourite purple Hydro FOR BIG MARGIN CARP. I also have a red slick that's 20 for snags its very good, but still soft as if the carp don't know they ate hooked.

There are some great elastics out there now. It seems we all have our favourite, but its good to try something recommend by others at times?