MATCHES???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGFiSh

I've recently purchased a new permit for my local river and been given a table of forthcoming matches. I'm a pleasure angler and never taken part in a match before. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what I need to do to enter a match and what are some of the main rules, policies, etc. I would'nt mind a little help on tips or ideas that could maybe help me catch either. I know many of you have fished matches before so if you can help, cheers!!!!!

- BiGFiSh!!!

MALC

Hi BF,

First thing you want to do is get in touch with the club match secretary to see if you have to book in for their matches (you should find contact details on either your permit or fixture list).

He will then give you details as to how much entry fee and pools you will have pay, and also give you details of the time and place for the draw.

Regards pools, at 99% of matches you can just pay your entry fee (peg fee) and do not have to go in to the pools if you dont want to. But personaly i would always go into them as it is always possible to finish in the top 3 and collect some coin.

Most clubs run their matches in line with the NFA match rule's which can be found on their web site http://www.the-nfa.org.uk/

Basic main rules are as follows:
YOU CAN DO THE FOLLOWING
Plumb the depth (not with a swimfeeder though)
Mix groundbait
Position your keepnet
You get 15mins after the whistle to land a fish if hooked before the whistle is blown

YOU CAN NOT DO THE FOLLOWING
No bait to touch the water before the start
No wading above the knee unless you can touch the bank
Only one rod /pole to be in use at any one time (you can have more on the bank but not in the water.

Also check on the venues that you will be fishing as they will also have some of their own rules such as bait bans/limits and the like.

Hopefully it is a good club that you have joined and they will welcome and help a newcomer and not try to put one over on you.

If you let us know what venues the matches are on then maybe someone on here will know them and be able to give you some help with them.

All the best in your matches and have fun.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

martin.

Account Locked
hi BF
malcs right on his advice the only thing i can add is once youve found out the venues find out depths, stock, bait bans and any other info you can get then put it on the MDs site and even if no one knows that particular venue between the rest of us we should be able to put you on the right track.

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.