Match rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

pparker66

Just got back from a weekend at white acres and yesterday watched the first day of the dynamite bait festival.
I was looking at the rules and there was a few i dont understand
could someone please tell what they mean
No floating the pole, the rattler, cupping water or taping the water?

midge99

Floating the pole - this is when you just lay the pole on the water with a short length of line the fish hook themselves against the weight of the pole.

the rattler - is a hollow float with something loose inside that will make a noise to attract the fish

cupping water or tapping - this is a method of attracking fish to your swim with the noise of the water spashing in or the pole sprashing on the surface.

carp in a lot of waters will come to the spash/noise of bait hitting the water these are just artifishal ways of doing it and banned on most waters I fish.

pparker66

Originally posted by midge99

Floating the pole - this is when you just lay the pole on the water with a short length of line the fish hook themselves against the weight of the pole.

the rattler - is a hollow float with something loose inside that will make a noise to attract the fish

cupping water or tapping - this is a method of attracking fish to your swim with the noise of the water spashing in or the pole sprashing on the surface.

carp in a lot of waters will come to the spash/noise of bait hitting the water these are just artifishal ways of doing it and banned on most waters I fish.
thanks for the information
the short line used when floating the pole do you use a float or is it just a bare short piece of line with hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.