Match rules again

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’ve just watched a YouTube video of a sponsored angler fishing an open match. He did 2 things which would have broken the Rules in clubs I have fished with:

1. having lost a fish in a snag when another fish headed for it he stood up and walked I would estimate 4m down the bank to help him stop it going in the snag, he then returned to his box to net the fish
2. He went for a pee (not sure how far away but was off the box) but left his rod in (got a bite returning to the rod).

what do others think?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
depends on the rules at the venue he is fishing to determine if he broke any rules but 1, this makes more sense than a snagged fish, 2, usual rule at most venues says no leaving rods in

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I would turn a blind eye to the first on fish welfare grounds

the second is foolish - but I've seen rods pulled in when people have been sat on their box

rudd

Site Supporter
I’ve just watched a YouTube video of a sponsored angler fishing an open match. He did 2 things which would have broken the Rules in clubs I have fished with:

1. having lost a fish in a snag when another fish headed for it he stood up and walked I would estimate 4m down the bank to help him stop it going in the snag, he then returned to his box to net the fish
2. He went for a pee (not sure how far away but was off the box) but left his rod in (got a bite returning to the rod).

what do others think?
Confines of peg are halfway to next one.
Leaving Rod in unattended is breaking EA rules - unless a bite alarm, sounder box, bait runner and bivvy are involved 😂😂😂 Pass me my Hat love😬

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I thought you had to fish within 1 metre either side of the designated peg? The halfway to next peg is about where you can cast/fish to?

rudd

Site Supporter
I thought you had to fish within 1 metre either side of the peg? The halfway to next peg is about where you can cast to?
Yes but I suppose the angler put fish safety first.
NOW the question is did it happen again and again?

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I don’t think so. putting fish welfare first is fine, but then the fish shouldn’t count (which it did) If rules were (understandably) broken to net it.?

rudd

Site Supporter
I don’t think so. putting fish welfare first is fine, but then the fish shouldn’t count (which it did) If rules were (understandably) broken to net it.?
Having telling an angler his big carp didnt count during a doubles match as his partner landed it - would agree.
Fish should not count.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I would say it's pretty usual to allow an angler to leave his swim to de-snag his gear especially if there's a fish on the end. I've even walked up to another angler and helped his pull his gear out of a snag. The organiser was on the other side of me and no-one complained...no would I have expected them to.

However, in a big Open it would probably be frowned on, and in a National the angler would probably be disqualified.

Leaving the rod is, though, a disqualifiable offence in my book.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Nothing wrong with feeder and bomb fishing
I can just see the judge now.....

“The jury have found you guilty of this heinous crime, it is my duty to sentence you to a punishment commensurate with the crime. I seriously considered prison, but I have decided it would be more fitting for you to be compelled to fish a feeder/bomb league and forfeit your floats for 6 months....”

Bloody hell, I’d rather do six months in the big house 😀