Match record

Status
Not open for further replies.

thespanner

I have just read the report in the AT about the guy who caught 600lb carp in a 6 hour match at Boddington res.

All I can say is if this is what my sport of fishing is comimg to I'll sell my gear and take up golf.

newies_maggots

that sounds like...

1. easy lake
2. taking of the top (which is easy anyway if there, there)
3. hungry fish

if they were taking off the top, i thought floating baits arent allowed in a match.

Last edited:

shaggy69

Shaggy69
Well said spanner,the trouble is most matches nowaday's are held on heavily stocked ponds so catching is fairly easy and so is amassing huge weights.
It would be interesting to see what sort of weights would be acheived if matches were held on rivers.
Before anyone has a go about match anglers being got at,it's not a critisism just an observation from reading the angling press that match weights are increasing,is it because the fish are hungry,are the anglers using special bait's who know's maybe it's because venue owners are seeing they can make some serious money from the match circuit if they get a name for themselves as having a venue where huge weights are caught.
Whatever the reason behind the increase in match weights do you not feel that 600lb in six hours cannot be classed as angling but instead should be called catching,i know not everyone can catch weights of that magnetude and there is an element of skill involved but would'nt it be more interesting and satisfying to win a match on a river just catching silvers and maybe the odd barbel.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
I totally agree.

600lb in 6 hours is beyond ridiculous, it isnt fishing, his tackle spent more time on the bank unhooking fish than in the water catching.

Bungee

Good God. This is an amazing achievement, and all people can do is slag it off. The fish in Boddies are big, and dont come in easily.

To do any large weight, you have to fish a flawless session, and have your tackle perfectly prepped, same for bait. You have to research the venue, its trends and moods, and put time in at the venue.

The catching part the is the end result of this preparation, and is all part and parcel of fishing.

Well done that man!

thespanner

3 meters out on paste 22 bungee elastic? Middy shock stik.

Elastic snapped 3 times and had 6 hooks straightened.

I wonder what state the fish were in when they were put back and how many had lips missing?

This sort of thing cannot be good for the image of fishing surely or is it only me being an old fashioned romantic.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Dont get me wrong, its an achievement beyond anything ive ever heard of and i doubt it will be broken for many, many years. He himself deserves a big fat pat on the back and his name everywhere for it.

However! I personally think that it is not really fishing, i doubt he had time to sit back and enjoy what he was doing, i bet he was a sweaty mess from the word go.

But he was fishing a match, you dont have time to sit back and take things in...so i can not really comment.

midge99

So that's what I was doing wrong when I managed 27lb from there the other week. My 10 elastic wasn't heavy enough.

Well done to the guy as bungee say you have to put the work in to get the rewards.

I am as happy on a bagging venue as I am on a canal or silver fish pond it's catching that counts, but more than the next bloke is more improtant.

solderblue

WONDER HOW MANY KEEPNETS HE USED ????/
SOME GUY GOT DISQUALIFIED FOR HAVIN MORE THAN 50LBS IN ONE KEEPNET IN FISHER MANIA
CANT BE HEALTHY CAN IT ?

REGARDS
PAUL

crowder

i agree with the majotiry, it would be called catching if it were that easy, obviusly just another matchmen who just wants to win money on a holwe in the ground[V]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I believe only 3 keepnets were used.[:(]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by crowder

obviusly just another matchmen who just wants to win money on a holwe in the ground[V]

Some Hole!!!!!!, it's a 65 acre reservoir.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Then why make such an ill informed comment, if it wasn't relevant to the subject under discussion?

crowder

geez who rattled your cage, everybody is entitled to their opinion and it was inkeeping with the sibject because i was talking about the matchman in quetion

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
No you weren't crowder, you wre just using it as an excuse to have a go at matchmen in general.

crowder

i have nothing against matchmen actually, just like this guy, who only used 3 keepnets, geez you cant express an opinion nowadays because a "superior" or so they think person thinks they are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.