match on the trent

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
It will be a great match - more barbel and chub with a few bream. Loads of big roach on hemp/tares/caster too. Something for everyone.

and you may laugh @Scribe but they do actually waterski along that length albeit behind a speedboat not a 14lb barbel! 🤣🤣

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Yeah - if you let them know a few are going to future they will sort everyone out I’m sure.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Cracking place Future Fishing I went for the first time at Christmas, huge place full to the second level. :upthumb:

It’s possible I might be in the area over the summer catching up with folks I’ve not seen since the first Covid lockdown. If my visit should coincide with a session being held on that area of the Trent, I’d love to join in.

I’d not be any serious competition as : a) I don’t know what I’m doing, b) never fished Trent, c) never ‘match’ fished - but I’m up for learning something new and would be made up if I caught a Barbel.

Keep my eye on this thread.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Had a look onthe Newark Fed web site and lots of free dates. How does everyone feel about Saturday 17th July. If i get enough say yes will book the match provisonal 20 pegs should be okay to increase to 25 or 30 if needed as Pete who Books te matches is an old team mate of mine.

I’ll defer confirming date and my availability until nearer the time when I have and idea what I’m doing.
If at all possible I’ll try to ‘influence’ the Head of Social Event Planning’ when such important decisions are made about family visits.