match fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkerfish

Hi, im from Derbyshire ,i wondered if you could help me improve my match fishing.Problem i have is that on our local water the same guys keep winning,they use the method feeder ,i have now got the set up but was wondering what would be best bait and method mix also hook and line ?any help would be greatly recieved.

barry w

A up mate

Which lake are you on about?I might be able to help as i fish a lot of matches in and around Derby/notts

conkerfish

I fish mainly carp lakes ,more commercial ones, i was just after any inside info on the set up of the method mix ,also what line / braid /hook sizes etc bearing in mind that you have to cast to the far bank where reeds are present.I have seen it done with great results ,but as yet no one has offered to show how to make the mix and what extras to put in. lol.

barry w

Method mix use dynamite baits swimstim green or natural,Mix it night before with 600ml water,Then riddle it 2-4 times in the morning.This will break down with in 3 minutes so you need to cast regular.

I use Daiwa matchwinner 8lb main line,Kobra method feeders either inline or with black hydro.hook length i use o.15 to a 18 hook if useing dead maggots and 0.19 if i am hair rigging to 16 or 14 hook depending on size of bait.

I use b911s for fish upto 3-4lb,And kamasan animals for bigger fish

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
Barry w is about spot on. I like 50/50 SwimStim and Dynamite Baits Meaty Marine Mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.