Match fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARGINMASTER123

On sat I will be fishing my secon ever match at langwith mansfiled I have been told there is some decent carp in there and a good head of breamalot of work on feeder.

Any one ever fish here?

Also I general what's a good approach to a match like what baits were and just general advice please don't reply every venue is different I no that. But I just mean general tops and advice for most places excus the spelling using iPhone at work and rushing so I aint seen

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Unless the bream outnumber the carp then I would ignore them as a serious target and concentrate on the carp. A lot will depend on venue rules as regards baits and methods - I have never fished there so have no idea.

My approach would be looking to feed pellet and fish corn and paste on the pole lines. Paste will normally sort out the bigger fish.

On the feeder I would use the Method if allowed, it will take bream if they are there though the carp should bully them out. Pellet or groundbait on the Method again with corn on the hook using a Korum Qickstop and 2-3 grains. Most important thing with the feeder is accuracy. Try and always land in the same spot and build the swim up. Small 8-10 mm boilies may also help sort out the bigger carp but I would't worry too much about that unless any venue regulars tell you otherwise.

Keep it simple with baits, tactics and rigs.

12f2004

Totally agree with Neil.

On the method in addition, use an hair-rigged bait and if you can use boilies, try a white one. Ringers shelfish or Sonu white chocolate.

dstev

Dave
Hmm Neil's advice is good but it sounds as though it is catered more for commercial style fisheries. If it's not commercial and there is a good head of bream I would be tempted to sit on the ground bait feeder on maggot or worm. In a non commercial water 4 or 5 bream could win you the match, with a good chance of still hitting a carp.

Alternatively you could fish the swagger or pole at 10m + for roach (assuming there are some). If its a good size water ball 5-6 jaffa size balls of groundbait in at the start and the bream or carp could still come along. Also consider hair rigged sweet corn, especially on the feeder.

keiranrussell

have a couple set ups ready, maybe target the bream on the normal worm or maggot on feeder or float or pole using a good groundbait mix, then try to hit into the carp with bigger baits, also why not try some margins or if fishign gets hard have some fun with silvers and stuff, ive had awful match days and managed to salvage somethng by letting the maggots do some work at a few rods lengths out

Status
Not open for further replies.