match fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
just wondering about why some match fish or if not why

i do both match & pleasure but must say enjoy the anticipation prior
to a match a great buzz the hand in the draw bag not seeing wether this one or that one to keep in your hand when you bring itout of the bag & then look at the number & swear or jump for joy when you finaly look at the number in your hand, i have plenty more reasons but ill let some of you lot put some up

tight lines.
martin.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Martin,

I must say I don't enjoy match fishing as much as I used to. It seems far too money orientated in my cirles and as such the competitive spirit seems to have been tainted with greed.
Saying that, the smaller club matches still appeal and the thrill of the draw is still there along with the comradery as long as the 'ringers' are kept away

Dave

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi all,

I love match fishing the build up to the match

is the bait right, can i catch more fish then the pegs either side of me all the banter afterwards etc etc.

Then comes the politics the arguments and in the end u think

i can only get away once a week idont need this i just want to fish

so u knock it on the head.

This is the first season that i have decided not to fish matches

but then again the season has not started yet

tight lines

Ray

where there is one bream there are many more

Edited by - Ray Owen on 17 May 2002 7:04:46 PM

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Spent many of my younger years Team Fishing.winter leagues and opens,with a fair degree of success,however the demands of time & cash (even though the team was partly sponsored)gradually wore away at the enthusiasm.Also sitting in some potential matchwinning pegs but having to fish to the "Team Plan" led to frustration with the whole setup.
This led me to walk away from the whole match scene for about 10years.
About 6 years ago a workmate invited me to join him on one of his clubs matches as a guest,and i duly won it doubling the next best weight.Despite this i was invited to join,and i've been with them ever since.
A couple of seasons ago i was asked to fish for Ashford Tackle in the AT Winter League.Despite a section win and a couple of good section finishes,i still didn't really enjoy it.
I find that i enjoy the social side of fishing more than the win at all costs attitude that seems prevelant on the scene down here. So nowadays it's just the club scene for me (i'm the club's Match Sec) and a few opens that take my fancy.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Hi

I tend to fish mainly pleasure with the occasional match thrown in for good measure.I run a works side and fish against other sites around milton keynes and wakefield.The invite from Malc for his summer league was snapped up as i can fish venues i would not normally.I am not going for the money but to enjoy the days out.If the money comes so be it,but its not the be all and end all.

I fished a lot of local matches on the local circuit for quite a few years and even now i see the cliques at certain venues.It is off putting for people wanting to start out on the match scene but all i do now is keep in touch with a few people for advice on the venues when i fancy a pleasure session on the venue.They phone me and do like wise if they now i have been out to a place where they are going to be fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.